PDA

View Full Version : Cool Jerk by Detroit's Capitols

test

woodward
01-12-2014, 09:49 AM
An interesting comment was made in a recent Reflections column of the Michigan Chronicle as follows: BETCHA DIDN'T KNOW: The 1966 national superhit Cool Jerk by Detroit's Capitols featured Motown's famed house band, the Funk Brothers. That "kinda-sorta" makes it a Motown record.

You learn something every day. I never knew this. Did you?

soulster
01-12-2014, 11:32 AM
An interesting comment was made in a recent Reflections column of the Michigan Chronicle as follows: BETCHA DIDN'T KNOW: The 1966 national superhit Cool Jerk by Detroit's Capitols featured Motown's famed house band, the Funk Brothers. That "kinda-sorta" makes it a Motown record.

I thought it was common knowledge, but apparently not.

snakepit
01-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Features in Standing in the Shadows of Motown..[[SITSOM)

rovereab
01-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Sounds like a song by the Contours to me!

thomas96
01-12-2014, 01:33 PM
It was also arranged and conducted by Mike Terry, arguably one of the greatest bari sax players ever.

marv2
01-12-2014, 03:42 PM

Good ole, Steve Hosley! He's been sharing information via his column in the Michigan Chronicle since I was a kid. Yep, I had heard that about "Cool Jerk" many years ago.