PDA

View Full Version : Toni Braxton & Babyface

test

skooldem1
12-28-2013, 11:10 PM
I'm sure most have heard the #1 song by Toni Braxton and Babyface, it is called "Hurt you". When I first heard the song I was drawn to it because it was different. Good song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qek2ER4kQXQ

skooldem1
12-28-2013, 11:11 PM
They have a new song out now that is even better, called "Where did we go wrong". I am really feeling this one. This album seems like it is going to be a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEw_t9jR8Yc

Ngroove
12-29-2013, 12:43 AM
HOLY COW!!!!! A new Motown, as in new album Motown, I think I'll absolutely pick up! Really, absolutely love Babyface's 80s-90s works for himself, Whispers, Deele, Bobby Brown, Boyz II Men, Johnny Gill, Tevin Campbell, Pebbles, Karyn White, Whitney Houston, all of the "Waiting to Exhale" roster, Paula Abdul, and Toni Braxton, which unification of them usually means sensual & sophisticated songs, albums - Consider me considering!

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
12-29-2013, 05:54 PM
LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE them, and the songs from the album I've heard so far.

~~Mary~~

skooldem1
02-04-2014, 08:43 PM
This CD was released today and I picked it up. I have listened to it all the way through once so far. I really like what I hear. I was surprised that this was released on the Motown label. I thought about posting about this in the Motown forum, but since I had already started this thread, I figured I would bump up this one. It is a very nice, smooth, adult r&b album.

MrTopCat
02-05-2014, 04:10 AM
Rollercoaster's a SMASH! Man this album's great so far. Not surprised this is on the Motown label, cause the label resumed operations almost 2 years ago and has been steadily growing its artist roster and releases.

BTW, the whole album is on Spotify, so go and check it out!

skooldem1
02-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Did anyone catch Toni Braxton and Babyface live on TVone yesterday? It was great. Short but great. It was only an hour long. They sang their solo hits and then from the new CD, sang "Hurt You" and "Rollercoaster". It does repeat tonight at 6pm. Sorry for the short notice.

Ngroove
02-10-2014, 12:36 AM
Did anyone catch Toni Braxton and Babyface live on TVone yesterday? It was great. Short but great. It was only an hour long. They sang their solo hits and then from the new CD, sang "Hurt You" and "Rollercoaster". It does repeat tonight at 6pm. Sorry for the short notice. Hmmmm...last time I saw a recent televised live of Kenneth Edmonds, he was singin' "Whip Appeal" - kinda askin' - has he, or can he still be able to do "I Love You Babe" or "Tender Lover" - not that it really matters today, since a voice, a talent, and a man, can only go smoother, more mature with time. He still looks just as "Babyfaced" as he looked twenty-five years ago!

skooldem1
02-10-2014, 01:14 AM
Wow, talk about a flashback. I use to love the song "I love you babe". I forgot that was even him.

glencro
02-10-2014, 02:39 AM
According to billboard this release will be both of their highest charting in nearly 10 years http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5901107/toni-braxton-babyface-heading-for-their-highest-charting-album-in-years#p7pmm4f9LtbfdAaY.01

milven
02-21-2014, 10:11 AM
Toni and Babyface were interviewed by Tavis Smiley on PBS. Very good interview. Catch the rerun if you can.

stephanie
02-24-2014, 12:14 AM
They look like they are in love to me. This song is nice I saw them perform it and they look really happy together.