PDA

View Full Version : Gold Legion Disco Album Reissues

test

carlo
12-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Has anyone ordered directly from the reissue label, "Gold Legion"? They have their own web store where they sell their reissues. I have been wanting to get Grace Jones' "Muse" and "Fame" albums on CD for some time now. I have heard mixed reviews about Gold Legion and their customer service. Has anyone had experience with ordering from them?

blueskies
12-28-2013, 11:39 AM
http://www.shop.goldlegion.com/

Thanks for the site, Carlo. Good prices! Never heard anything about this company. Would be willing to try them.

carlo
12-29-2013, 03:17 PM
No problem, blueskies. Yeah their prices seem very reasonable, but I've read reviews in other places from people who have ordered from them in the past. Many delays in shipping their product or stuff not arriving at all. They have had the Cissy Houston and Grace Jones reissues on pre-order for nearly a year now. I think they're trying hard to resolve their issues but it's difficult to be a boutique reissue label with little funds to support your operations I guess.

jack020
01-01-2014, 05:28 AM
I believe this label was mentioned before on this forum and that it was better to order those cds from Amazon and not from the shop.

markdtiller
01-05-2014, 11:49 AM
From personal experience don't order directly from them. I am also waiting on several orders and have bought several in the past. I am now waiting 18 months for some items. International shipping takes forever too, they must do it surface mail. They also rarely respond to emails. Just wait until they appear on amazon and the like, which they will. You won't get them any quicker. I am awaiting a bundle that was posted six weeks ago and they have all turned up for sale on amazon. My advice is wait. Great product but non-existant customer service!

blueskies
01-05-2014, 12:18 PM
From personal experience don't order directly from them. I am also waiting on several orders and have bought several in the past. I am now waiting 18 months for some items. International shipping takes forever too, they must do it surface mail. They also rarely respond to emails. Just wait until they appear on amazon and the like, which they will. You won't get them any quicker. I am awaiting a bundle that was posted six weeks ago and they have all turned up for sale on amazon. My advice is wait. Great product but non-existant customer service!
Thanks for the head up, Mark.

thommg
01-26-2014, 07:46 PM
I can verify that they are difficult to order from. a couple of years back, I placed an order for 2 cds through their site. I got a confirmation for the order a day later. I waited for about 4 weeks and... nothing. I snet them an e-mail to find out what was going on and I never heard from them. I sent a second e-mail and I never heard from them. I called my credit card company and told them what was going on and that I wanted the charge [[which had been placed) to be cancelled. A couple of hours later, I got an e-mail from Gold Legion. They were going to look into what happened with the order. My credit card company informed me that they had cancelled the charge on my card. I ordered through Amazon and they arrived about 5 days later. A YEAR and 2 MONTHS later, I got the two cd's shipped from Gold Legion. I gave them to a friend.

blueskies
01-26-2014, 11:11 PM
I can verify that they are difficult to order from. a couple of years back, I placed an order for 2 cds through their site. I got a confirmation for the order a day later. I waited for about 4 weeks and... nothing. I snet them an e-mail to find out what was going on and I never heard from them. I sent a second e-mail and I never heard from them. I called my credit card company and told them what was going on and that I wanted the charge [[which had been placed) to be cancelled. A couple of hours later, I got an e-mail from Gold Legion. They were going to look into what happened with the order. My credit card company informed me that they had cancelled the charge on my card. I ordered through Amazon and they arrived about 5 days later. A YEAR and 2 MONTHS later, I got the two cd's shipped from Gold Legion. I gave them to a friend.

Well, that was 'enlightening', and confirmed what others have said.

markdtiller
01-27-2014, 05:18 PM

Update I am still waiting for my last order from gold legion, which was shipped on 2nd November in the US to me in the UK. DHL tracking says it's still en route. Maybe it's coming back on the Mayflower!

blueskies
01-27-2014, 05:47 PM
Update I am still waiting for my last order from gold legion, which was shipped on 2nd November in the US to me in the UK. DHL tracking says it's still en route. Maybe it's coming back on the Mayflower!

And then complete the journey on horseback.