PDA

View Full Version : Recent Scherrie Payne interview--enlightening!

test

luke
12-25-2013, 11:21 PM
Extensive interview with Scherrie covering her joining the Supremes, her disco single relases, RTL, and her plans for the future in the book First Ladies of Disco by James Arena. She talks about Motown's lack of support for the Supremes, how Mary held the group together, Scherrie's single releases, and some very interesting comments about RTL[["Mary and Cindy should have been on that tour"; problems not about $ or ego she says; and how angry fans were at her... ). Great picture of Mary, Freda, Scherrie and Edmund Silvers recording Scherrie's single Im Not In Love.

Ryon6
12-26-2013, 12:16 AM
Luke, where's the link?

marv2
12-26-2013, 08:35 AM
Extensive interview with Scherrie covering her joining the Supremes, her disco single relases, RTL, and her plans for the future in the book First Ladies of Disco by James Arena. She talks about Motown's lack of support for the Supremes, how Mary held the group together, Scherrie's single releases, and some very interesting comments about RTL[["Mary and Cindy should have been on that tour"; problems not about $ or ego she says; and how angry fans were at her... ). Great picture of Mary, Freda, Scherrie and Edmund Silvers recording Scherrie's single Im Not In Love.

Luke, this does sound interesting. Has the book been released yet?

blueskies
12-26-2013, 09:59 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51wqvHM0m5L._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

smark21
12-26-2013, 10:00 AM
No link, but I recall a thread about this interview a couple of years ago. Luke does like to revisit such topics, especially when it comes to RTL.

markdtiller
12-26-2013, 10:14 AM
I's a book ! - available on amazon.com and amazon.co.uk and other sites

marybrewster
12-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Interesting that Scherrie is considered one of the "First Ladies of Disco". Looking over the list of included artists, I think some are a BIT of a stretch.

I do not have the book, but from what I see, there's no inclusion of Sister Sledge or Cheryl Lynn or a Taste of Honey or Cynthia Johnson? And perhaps beacuse they have passed, but no Vickie Sue Robinson or the QUEEN, Miss Donna Summer?

luke
12-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Thanks blueskies. I got it recently and have been enjoying it though Im not familiar with all the ladies, it's great Mr Arena focused on some very talented women, including Scherrie who has so such multi faceted talent. Too bad some people just seem to want to focus on one aspect. I guess she needed to talk about RTL and process some of it. But there's much more to her career-she talks about Glass House, singing Wants Ads originally, her single One Night Only with Cindy and Pat Hodges and Edna Wright, and her screen writing. Also enjoyed reading about Evelyn Champagne King, Martha Wash and others!! The often dont get their dues!!

Roberta75
12-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks blueskies. I got it recently and have been enjoying it though Im not familiar with all the ladies, it's great Mr Arena focused on some very talented women, including Scherrie who has so such multi faceted talent. Too bad some people just seem to want to focus on one aspect. I guess she needed to talk about RTL and process some of it. But there's much more to her career-she talks about Glass House, singing Wants Ads originally, her single One Night Only with Cindy and Pat Hodges and Edna Wright, and her screen writing. Also enjoyed reading about Evelyn Champagne King, Martha Wash and others!! The often dont get their dues!!

Maybe you could now process RTL and finally stop rehashing it.

Roberta

jobeterob
12-27-2013, 02:55 AM
Nah, he'll never get there.

He and his bum buddy have aches in the left testicle because Mary was left out; kick of like the itching in their heart, tears them all apart...........

144man
12-27-2013, 07:35 PM
Now now, it's still Christmas. Let's have some peace and good will on the forum at least until the new year:)