PDA

View Full Version : The Motorcity All Stars - I Can't Help Myself

test

marv2
12-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Here's something great that I had forgotten about. The Motor City All Stars perform "I Can't Help Myself". I was around there somewhere that day. LOL! How many of the Motown Alumni in this clip can you spot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VyVF3XDuLk

westgrandboulevard
12-19-2013, 04:02 PM
OK Marv, I spotted Levi & Joe Stubbs,various members of The Velvelettes & The Originals, Kim Weston, Freda Payne, Carolyn Crawford, Marv Johnson, Pat Lewis - and The Elgins, who looked great, especially Yvonne.

And...Miss Maxine Powell, who entered into the spirit of the occasion,and who must have been approaching 70 at the time...

Did I spot Ronnie McNeir in the background?

Who did I miss? And who was on the keyboards?

marv2
12-19-2013, 04:19 PM
OK Marv, I spotted Levi & Joe Stubbs,various members of The Velvelettes & The Originals, Kim Weston, Freda Payne, Carolyn Crawford, Marv Johnson, Pat Lewis - and The Elgins, who looked great, especially Yvonne.

And...Miss Maxine Powell, who entered into the spirit of the occasion,and who must have been approaching 70 at the time...

Did I spot Ronnie McNeir in the background?

Who did I miss? And who was on the keyboards?

Ok, good job! You also have Miss Ray [[Raynoma -Liles-Gordy-Singleton), C.P. Spencer of the Originals, Louvain Demps of the Andantes, Sylvia Moy, Robert Bateman, Hattie Littles and others. I am not sure who it is on the keyboards. There were so many people in town from Motown at the time. I remember Bobby Rogers of the Miracles being there as well.

westgrandboulevard
12-19-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm saying I saw Freda Payne there, or am I mistaken, and that was Miss Ray in the front, in black leather, next to The Elgins?

marv2
12-19-2013, 09:29 PM
I'm saying I saw Freda Payne there, or am I mistaken, and that was Miss Ray in the front, in black leather, next to The Elgins?

That was Miss Ray. She does resemble Freda somewhat in this clip.

detmotownguy
12-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Hi Marv! Another fine GEM you have contributed to this website! Miss Ray was really working it and looking fine. I had a long conversation with her when she came to Detroit promoting her book....nice lady. She had alot of support that afternoon from Detroit. I was suprised how many people knew who was.

Have a good holiday season!

marv2
12-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Hi Marv! Another fine GEM you have contributed to this website! Miss Ray was really working it and looking fine. I had a long conversation with her when she came to Detroit promoting her book....nice lady. She had alot of support that afternoon from Detroit. I was suprised how many people knew who was.

Have a good holiday season!

Thank you Detmotownguy! I also wish you a Happy and Safe Holiday Season....!

Marv

Methuselah2
12-21-2013, 02:42 PM
My, my, my. Thanks, Marv, great clip. Great fun.

westgrandboulevard
12-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Can't seem to find it on YouTube, but somewhere I've seen another clip from the Motorcity reunion.

It's of "Sweet" James Epps of the Fantastic Four, playing the piano in, I think, the 'Snakepit' at Hitsville Studio A, surrounded by other former Motown stars ,including Martha Reeves.

Maybe I saw it on the dvd set 'Don't Forget The Motorcity' - ?