PDA

View Full Version : Valisia LeKae [["Diana Ross" , in Motown the Musical) Has Ovarian Cancer

test

milven
12-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Valisia LeKae Reveals Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis, Withdraws from Broadway's MOTOWN THE MUSICAL
http://2-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/www.broadwayworld.com/images.bwwstatic.com/columnpic6/216758124-9E18-6511-8BCABAF680B36DCF.jpg.pagespeed.ce.miriNErArF.jpg
The producers of Motown the Musical have announced that Valisia LeKae, a 2013 Tony Award nominee for her performance as Diana Ross, has withdrawn from the Broadway production at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, for medical reasons. LeKae confirmed her departure in a statement on her personal Facebook page, announcing that she had recently been diagnosed with ovarian cancer.

LeKae posted:

"On, Nov 22, 2013, I had laparoscopic surgery to remove an endometrioma from my right ovary. A sample was taken from that endometrioma and on December 2, 2013, my pathology results reveled that I was positive for Ovarian Clear Cell Carcinoma, Ovarian Cancer. After receiving a second opinion it was confirmed by my Gynecologic Oncologist on Dec 9, 2013, that the diagnosis had been correct.

Per the advice of my doctor, I will need to have another surgery [[unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy) as well as chemotherapy. I am scheduled for Thursday [[December 19, 2013 ) and chemotherapy soon thereafter.

"Ovarian Cancer mainly develops in older women. About half of the women who are diagnosed with ovarian cancer are 63 years or older. It is more common in white women that African-American women [[Cancer.org)."

As a 34 year old, African American woman, I feel that it is important that I share my story in order to educate and encourage others about this disease and the fight against it.

2013 has been full of blessings, from being nominated for a prestigious Tony Award for my portrayal of "Diana Ross" in Motown The Musical as well as many other accolades. God has given me another role to play and like all my previous roles, I plan to go all in, only this time I plan to Win!"

On behalf of the company, the producers said, "Our thoughts and prayers are with Valisia during this challenging time, and we, along with the entire Motown the Musical family, are hoping for a complete and speedy recovery."

Felicia Boswell [[MEMPHIS) is currently playing the role of Diana Ross.

MOTOWN THE MUSICAL, featuring music and lyrics from the legendary Motown catalogue and a book by Berry Gordy began performances March 11 at The Lunt-Fontanne Theatre [[205 West 46th Street), and opened April 14.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Valisia-LeKae-Reveals-Ovarian-Cancer-Diagnosis-Withdraws-from-Broadways-MOTOWN-THE-MUSICAL-20131217#channel=f1635cb72f6b47c&channel_path=%2Fchannel.php%3Ffb_xd_fragment%23xd_ sig%3Df1acf6662f64e8c%26&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.broadwayworld.com

Roberta75
12-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Valisia LeKae Reveals Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis, Withdraws from Broadway's MOTOWN THE MUSICAL
http://2-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/www.broadwayworld.com/images.bwwstatic.com/columnpic6/216758124-9E18-6511-8BCABAF680B36DCF.jpg.pagespeed.ce.miriNErArF.jpg
The producers of Motown the Musical have announced that Valisia LeKae, a 2013 Tony Award nominee for her performance as Diana Ross, has withdrawn from the Broadway production at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, for medical reasons. LeKae confirmed her departure in a statement on her personal Facebook page, announcing that she had recently been diagnosed with ovarian cancer.

LeKae posted:

"On, Nov 22, 2013, I had laparoscopic surgery to remove an endometrioma from my right ovary. A sample was taken from that endometrioma and on December 2, 2013, my pathology results reveled that I was positive for Ovarian Clear Cell Carcinoma, Ovarian Cancer. After receiving a second opinion it was confirmed by my Gynecologic Oncologist on Dec 9, 2013, that the diagnosis had been correct.

Per the advice of my doctor, I will need to have another surgery [[unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy) as well as chemotherapy. I am scheduled for Thursday [[December 19, 2013 ) and chemotherapy soon thereafter.

"Ovarian Cancer mainly develops in older women. About half of the women who are diagnosed with ovarian cancer are 63 years or older. It is more common in white women that African-American women [[Cancer.org)."

As a 34 year old, African American woman, I feel that it is important that I share my story in order to educate and encourage others about this disease and the fight against it.

2013 has been full of blessings, from being nominated for a prestigious Tony Award for my portrayal of "Diana Ross" in Motown The Musical as well as many other accolades. God has given me another role to play and like all my previous roles, I plan to go all in, only this time I plan to Win!"

On behalf of the company, the producers said, "Our thoughts and prayers are with Valisia during this challenging time, and we, along with the entire Motown the Musical family, are hoping for a complete and speedy recovery."

Felicia Boswell [[MEMPHIS) is currently playing the role of Diana Ross.

MOTOWN THE MUSICAL, featuring music and lyrics from the legendary Motown catalogue and a book by Berry Gordy began performances March 11 at The Lunt-Fontanne Theatre [[205 West 46th Street), and opened April 14.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Valisia-LeKae-Reveals-Ovarian-Cancer-Diagnosis-Withdraws-from-Broadways-MOTOWN-THE-MUSICAL-20131217#channel=f1635cb72f6b47c&channel_path=%2Fchannel.php%3Ffb_xd_fragment%23xd_ sig%3Df1acf6662f64e8c%26&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.broadwayworld.com

Dear Lord of Mercy and Father of Comfort, You are the One I turn to for help in moments of weakness and times of need. I ask you to be with your servant Valisa in this illness. The good book of Psalm say that you send out your word and you heal. So please please send your healing Word to Valisia LeKae and make her well. In the name of Jesus, drive out all infirmity and sickness from her body.

Your faithful servant Roberta

REDHOT
12-17-2013, 08:30 PM
I wish Valisia LeKae THE BEST,Loved her in MOTOWN THE MUSICAL.

midnightman
12-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Wow. That's terrible. I wish her well. :[[