PDA

View Full Version : Alexander o'neal, cherelle, enchantment, tribute to ron banks & ollie woodson

test

glencro
08-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Will all take place at the Rib's & Soul Fest this weekend (AUG 6-8) at Hartz Plaza in Downtown Detroit. Free concerts and some of the best ribs in the US.

Couldn't find show times but hope to see you all there.

http://concerts-festivals.theurbanmusicscene.com/2010/07/28/the-15th-annual-ribs-n-soul-in-downtown-detroit--aug-6th8th-2010.aspx

GeeTee(HPK)
08-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Sounds like that's going to be a great show. :)

paladin
08-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Oh man, now you tell us........

jtf1972
08-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Now this sounds like some Saturday Love!

Enjoy it people... Wish i was there.

motownmorph1
08-08-2010, 05:59 AM
wow!! I wished we had a 'rib & soul' festival in the UK!!

Morph

glencro
08-09-2010, 08:16 AM
I photographed a wedding and reception on Saturday and was too exhausted to make it Saturday night. I really wanted to hear Alexander & Cherelle. I made it down to the Ribs & Soul festival yesterday and had the best ribs and chicken (mmmm) from KIng Ribs...Usually don't eat pork but had to jump off the wagon yesterday...Enchantment sang their butts off...EJ still has it...along with their hits they also did a moving Motown tribute that included songs from The Tempts and The Tops...Didn't know that SLAVE was there also. I didn't see their entire show but they worked the crowd . Outside of Steve Arrington I really never knew Slave's line up so I didn't know who the lead singer was and if he was an original. The band was small...bass, guitar, drums, keys and two female background singers.