PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Would you rather be blind or deaf?

test

thomas96
12-11-2013, 10:36 PM
I was asked this question and had to really think about it... Being blind would make everyday life extremely difficult, while being deaf would be easier but you couldn't listen to music... Opinions?

soulster
12-11-2013, 11:40 PM
Oh god! If i'm deaf I can't hear music. If i'm blind I can't see beautiful women and lose independance. Such a cruel question!

reese
12-12-2013, 10:24 AM
I can't answer this one. But I do have a very close friend who is blind, and without hesitation, he said that he would rather be blind, specifically because he wouldn't be able to hear music.

Ngroove
12-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Losing the ability to listen to music would be most difficult, even humbling - but then again, being blind would mean I have to bark at someone else which CD or vinyl I want to listen to anyways - so, deaf. Sorry Ray, Sorry Stevie, I truly respect you guys, even impressed from reading a bio on Ray on how he managed to "get around" even as big and busy as a city by himself, and requested his pay as strictly one dollar bills - but I cannot imagine the "aim" in the bathroom unless complete sitting on the toilet, or if there's sharp objects on the floor, or not reading a book or magazine, or losing the ability of girl watching, or watching the television, even if it may be subtitles or "reading lips". Becoming deaf may also mean the cost of losing the ears to listen to a preacher, but I've got a Bible.

timmyfunk
12-12-2013, 04:01 PM
That's easy. Deaf. Just because one is deaf doesn't they can't hear completely. No human being has total hearing loss. Human beings either have minimal or severe hearing loss. A deaf person can still feel music through vibrations in the floor. No real contest there.

splanky
12-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Blind. I have to be able to hear my music. the only vibrations I get through the floor are my downstairs neighbor beating his wife...

Jerry Oz
12-13-2013, 03:06 PM
No. I wouldn't rather be deaf or blind, I'm quite happy as things are right now.

robb_k
12-13-2013, 10:28 PM
I make my living drawing. I need to see. I was always sight-oriented. I'm almost 70 years old, and my hearing has been getting worse every year for the past 15-20 years, and people have been telling me to get a hearing aid for about 7 years. I read lips now to "hear". So, I'm used to not hearing already.

I'd have little joy in my life if I couldn't see. I'd lose my independence. I was a guide for a blind skier for about 10 years. To train for that job, I had to walk around [[and ski) for days, with a blindfold on all the time. I vastly prefer not hearing to not seeing. Humans are visually-oriented.