PDA

View Full Version : Gladys Knight Returns to Reality TV in ‘Knight Life With Gladys’

test

milven
12-01-2013, 01:05 AM
According to a press release, the legendary Gladys Knight, her husband, and members of her family will be heading to reality TV to star in “Knight Life With Gladys,” an Entertainment One special, on December 28 at 10 pm ET/PST on OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network.

Gladys Knight is one of the most legendary musical artists of our time, but she’s also much more than that. She is a tough businesswoman, entrepreneur, actress, humanitarian and, most importantly, a wife, mother and grandmother.

In this special, Knight is feeling the pressures of both work and life. Her family, especially her husband, needs her and she is pushed to the limits while recording a new album, being on tour, having a song in a blockbuster film and, on top of it all, opening a restaurant. Her chaotic work schedule is taking a toll on her personal life, but we will follow her as she works her magic to juggle it all.

The show is produced by Entertainment One [[eOne) with Tara Long serving as executive producer. John Morayniss and Steve Walker also serve as executive producers.

http://www.eurweb.com/2013/11/gladys-knight-returns-to-reality-tv-in-knight-life-with-gladys/

Roberta75
12-01-2013, 10:17 AM
According to a press release, the legendary Gladys Knight, her husband, and members of her family will be heading to reality TV to star in “Knight Life With Gladys,” an Entertainment One special, on December 28 at 10 pm ET/PST on OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network.

Gladys Knight is one of the most legendary musical artists of our time, but she’s also much more than that. She is a tough businesswoman, entrepreneur, actress, humanitarian and, most importantly, a wife, mother and grandmother.

In this special, Knight is feeling the pressures of both work and life. Her family, especially her husband, needs her and she is pushed to the limits while recording a new album, being on tour, having a song in a blockbuster film and, on top of it all, opening a restaurant. Her chaotic work schedule is taking a toll on her personal life, but we will follow her as she works her magic to juggle it all.

The show is produced by Entertainment One [[eOne) with Tara Long serving as executive producer. John Morayniss and Steve Walker also serve as executive producers.

http://www.eurweb.com/2013/11/gladys-knight-returns-to-reality-tv-in-knight-life-with-gladys/

I really wish Gladys wouldnt do this. Reallity TV cheapens her image imo.

Roberta

skooldem1
12-01-2013, 11:02 AM
I think it is only a one time thing. Its a behind the scenes look. Its sounds cool. I wonder if this is like a pilot episode for a series.

reese
12-01-2013, 01:59 PM
The description makes it sounds as if it is indeed a pilot for a series, but maybe they don't want to commit until they see what type of numbers she pulls.

midnightman
12-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Reality show? Really Gladys? Really?

milven
12-17-2013, 08:14 PM
I think it is only a one time thing. Its a behind the scenes look. Its sounds cool. I wonder if this is like a pilot episode for a series.

Thankfully, you are right. I would hate for her to cheapen herself by doing a reality series. But a one hour behind the scenes look at her life sounds cool.

Gladys Knight To Show Us ‘Knight Life With Gladys’ On OWN
http://cdn.stupiddope.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/unnamed2.jpg
The one and only, the legendary, Gladys Knight, is back! While she isn’t returning with any new music, she is giving us a peek into what she’s been doing lately, as she plans to spend an hour of her time with us on her upcoming special on OWN. Titled, Knight Life With Gladys, the special will focus on the songstress as she balances her career life with her family life.

The hour-long episode will show us the behind the scenes struggles as she works on a new album, while deals with the everyday trials and tribulations of family life; oh and she’s opening a restaurant as well. Be sure to tune in, the special airs on December 28 at 10PM ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

marv2
12-17-2013, 08:44 PM
She's already done "Dancing With the Stars" so why not? Good luck Gladys!

supremester
12-17-2013, 08:50 PM
It's amazing but remember her Mac n Cheese commercial? That was humiliating just to watch as a mega fan. From I Don't Want To Do Wrong to yellow dye #3?????????????
Reality show? Really Gladys? Really?

midnightman
12-18-2013, 04:43 AM
It's amazing but remember her Mac n Cheese commercial? That was humiliating just to watch as a mega fan. From I Don't Want To Do Wrong to yellow dye #3?????????????

OH GOD I remember that! LOL

reese
12-18-2013, 08:14 AM

It was a bit sad when some fans started calling her Miss Velveeta.

milven
12-18-2013, 08:59 AM
I've never seen the commercial - or conveniently forgot it. But I just watched it on YouTube :[[

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SnxtTAdM3Y

reese
12-18-2013, 10:31 AM
I've never seen the commercial - or conveniently forgot it. But I just watched it on YouTube :[[

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SnxtTAdM3Y

I thought it was interesting that they reached back and rewrote Aretha's A CHANGE for this commercial.

marybrewster
12-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Good Lord, I hope that's not the Mac and Cheese Miss Gladys is serving at her new restaurant!

supremester
12-18-2013, 02:03 PM
LOL........... I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Gladys' voice maybe even more than Queen Ree, but girlfriend does get uber tacky about money. She was envious of Dionne's "psychic shit" and did this to hopefully begin a career boost sideline. I love the commercial, but she shooda just lent her voice to another actress.
It was a bit sad when some fans started calling her Miss Velveeta.

stephanie
12-18-2013, 08:57 PM
The Four Tops did one and it didnt hurt them [[the commercial) OWN was sinking into the ratings until they started doing black shows and the Tyler Perry hookup! I dont think Gladys is going to sink in the mud like some of these other shows. Actually [[and I dont frequent these things when my mom was living she watched all of them and that is how I know about a lot of them) The Family Crews was great they never sunk low, Tia and Tamara had a respectful one,,I liked Latoyas, Braxton Family Values is not bad but the mother being a church mother is now accepting things in her daughters I dont think she would have before because they are all making money. Gladys should do well if it is a few episodes I cant see her doing this for 2 or 3 years.

skooldem1
12-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Here is a sneak peek of the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr6-2btcBsE

Roberta75
12-18-2013, 09:31 PM
Here is a sneak peek of the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr6-2btcBsE

Im not a fan of Miss Gladys and based on this clip Im not watching this. It looks real boring and real staged imo.

Roberta

supremester
12-18-2013, 11:07 PM
As a fan of The Weiners Circle AND RHONYC at one time, I've seen everything on Bravo but this is the worst of the worst. The phoniest, silliest, fakest, scriptedest, drawedupest crapola I have ever seen - it's like seeing her live! "You're a busy, big star.....you make people cry......." LOLOLOL I will have a party this knight for this hot mess. It won't ruin her, but it won't do her any good. Shameless to the point of unintended laughs. It will be a fun party - I wouldn't misss it!

milven
12-29-2013, 03:51 PM
I recorded this and just watched it. I never watched a reality show till I watched this one. Why do they call these reality shows? There is nothing real about them. You can tell that they are scripted . That being said, I watched it mainly because I like Bubba and Gladys.

I did not know that her husband was also her manager. That usually is trouble. But he says that he wants to be his own man and so he also is some kind of inventor. He invented some kind of combination beach towel, wallet and bag. He tells Bubba that this invention will help him get out from under the aprons of his wife. [[I think he meant get loose from her apron strings). Anyhow , he brings his idea to the Venetian Hotel in Vegas and they are not interested unless Gladys is part of the project. [[ So much for getting released from her apron strings)

I'm not quite sure how a show like this benefits Gladys' career, but I enjoyed watching Bubba and Gladys together.

Roberta75
12-29-2013, 04:34 PM
I recorded this and just watched it. I never watched a reality show till I watched this one. Why do they call these reality shows? There is nothing real about them. You can tell that they are scripted . That being said, I watched it mainly because I like Bubba and Gladys.

I did not know that her husband was also her manager. That usually is trouble. But he says that he wants to be his own man and so he also is some kind of inventor. He invented some kind of combination beach towel, wallet and bag. He tells Bubba that this invention will help him get out from under the aprons of his wife. [[I think he meant get loose from her apron strings). Anyhow , he brings his idea to the Venetian Hotel in Vegas and they are not interested unless Gladys is part of the project. [[ So much for getting released from her apron strings)

I'm not quite sure how a show like this benefits Gladys' career, but I enjoyed watching Bubba and Gladys together.

I watch part of it but found it boring and real scripted and her husband gave me a real uncomfortable feeling like I felt Gladys tread on eggshells around him imo. Im not a big fan of Miss Knight and find her kinda phony imo but the show wasnt that bad.

Roberta

kenneth
12-29-2013, 05:15 PM
How [[un)natural. Bubba just happens to announce casually before breakfast that he's planning to go solo. Wow, this show looks like a real yawner...I wonder if it will even last a season.

Roberta75
12-29-2013, 05:23 PM
How [[un)natural. Bubba just happens to announce casually before breakfast that he's planning to go solo. Wow, this show looks like a real yawner...I wonder if it will even last a season.

I think its a one off show Kenneth thank gooddness and it was real staged and kinda boring. bubba Knight is 72 years old so hes a bit long in the tooths to be going solo but good luck to him. I always liked Bubba and hes a natural comedian imo.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

reese
12-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Not sure of what the ratings were like, but it did get a lot of nice responses on Twitter. I thought it was pretty good. And judging by how OWN was calling it a sneak peek, I think it just might become a series, if there is enough interest

kenneth
12-29-2013, 06:45 PM
I think its a one off show Kenneth thank gooddness and it was real staged and kinda boring. bubba Knight is 72 years old so hes a bit long in the tooths to be going solo but good luck to him. I always liked Bubba and hes a natural comedian imo.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Oh, I see. I assumed it was a series. Well, I guess we have to give Gladys some slack. And Reese and some others seem to have liked it. I'd just rather see her perform than watch her making breakfast!