PDA

View Full Version : Special Thankgiving Day "Nightflight" Earlier Time-5P-8P ET:Supremes/Diana Ross Live!

test

midnight johnny
11-28-2013, 08:51 AM
A very Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Chanukah to you all! Please join me for a special earlier "Nightflight" today, Thanksgiving Day, at 5P-8P ET. I'm actually filling in for my buddy Rich Rubino on his "Sounds Of America" show. In pondering what to air on this show that normally focuses on the Great American Songbook, I thought what could be MORE great and American than to fill these 3 hours with LIVE performances by the Supremes and Diana Ross.
These include the Copa, Ed Sullivan, Hullabaloo, Roostertail, Talk Of The Town, An Evening With Diana Ross....and so much more.
So have a most enjoyable day as you think about what you are grateful for, and then do join me for 3 hours with Diana, Mary, Florence and Cindy at this special, earlier time.
On WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and streaming live worldwide at www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org)
Thanks so much!
John

midnight johnny
11-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Whoops....sorry...I forgot to mention that I'll be playing some RARE live tracks that don't get aired often....just FYI!
Thanks!
John

Glenpwood
11-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Whoops....sorry...I forgot to mention that I'll be playing some RARE live tracks that don't get aired often....just FYI!
Thanks!
John

You mean you'll be airing the two hour version of Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In from Farewell so you can have a break to eat your entire Thanksgiving dinner plus pie?

midnight johnny
11-28-2013, 05:49 PM
You mean you'll be airing the two hour version of Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In from Farewell so you can have a break to eat your entire Thanksgiving dinner plus pie?

Heee heeee! Not if you PAID me!!! Happy Thanksgiving, Glen...should I get a table for 2?

Glenpwood
11-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Make it a table for five! I am here with Carl & Diane to enjoy the musical feast you've prepared!

midnight johnny
11-28-2013, 06:10 PM
How wonderful!!! Hello Carl and Diane!!

lovechild
11-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Happy Thanksgiving John and Glen and all who is listening! What a pleasant surprise for today.. I will be listening until I have to go to the family dinner. Gobble Gobble!

midnight johnny
11-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Happy Thanksgiving John and Glen and all who is listening! What a pleasant surprise for today.. I will be listening until I have to go to the family dinner. Gobble Gobble!

Tonyyyyyy!!!! Welcome!!! How nice!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!! Stay as long as you can, my friend!

Glenpwood
11-28-2013, 06:46 PM

Tony have a fabulous Turkey fest with the family!

Glenpwood
11-28-2013, 06:49 PM
John, you've found some fabulous things ive never heard... Outstanding! Diane really does gorgeous work on Little Girl Blue

midnight johnny
11-28-2013, 06:49 PM
John, you've found some fabulous things ive never heard... Outstanding! Diane really does gorgeous work on Little Girl Blue

Excellent, Glen! I love to keep you surprised!!!!

lovechild
11-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Thank you both! Ditto that you are playing some wonderfully rare tracks today! and I went on a 2 hour walk earlier so I can over eat later lol ...

Glenpwood
11-28-2013, 06:57 PM
I love the Millie Rose Mame medley

midnight johnny
11-28-2013, 07:04 PM
I love the Millie Rose Mame medley

Me too, Glen...and the orchestra was just terrific!!!!

lovechild
11-28-2013, 07:09 PM
Have to log off of SDetroit now but will be listening in the car until I get to the house. See you soon.. :)

midnight johnny
11-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Have to log off of SDetroit now but will be listening in the car until I get to the house. See you soon.. :)

Nice to have you Tony...have a wonderful holiday!

R. Mark Desjardins
11-28-2013, 07:32 PM
John;
I feel like I'm "double dipping'" today. Being a Canadian, I celebrated Thanksgiving several weeks ago, but I have no guilt in enjoying a heaping' helping of your special program this afternoon. I took this picture yesterday as a tribute to my Jewish friends, and pass it on to your listeners of that faith. Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Detroit Soulful Forum pals, and especially to you John, for whom I have a lot to be thankful for! Mark7637

midnight johnny
11-28-2013, 07:35 PM
John;
I feel like I'm "double dipping'" today. Being a Canadian, I celebrated Thanksgiving several weeks ago, but I have no guilt in enjoying a heaping' helping of your special program this afternoon. I took this picture yesterday as a tribute to my Jewish friends, and pass it on to your listeners of that faith. Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Detroit Soulful Forum pals, and especially to you John, for whom I have a lot to be thankful for! Mark7637

Mark.....how nice to see you...and a belated Happy Thanksgiving to you! And I am very thankful for you, too! It's always nice to know you're there....

supremester
11-28-2013, 07:49 PM
i LOVE this song! Happy Thanksgiving Johnny & Co!!!

supremester
11-28-2013, 07:50 PM
PS This was Gil's prefferred opener instead of Put On A Happy Face but Berry won out

midnight johnny
11-28-2013, 07:51 PM
i LOVE this song! Happy Thanksgiving Johnny & Co!!!

Gregg...how nice!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

supremester
11-28-2013, 07:53 PM
This is MY fave opener, but it didn't get polished.......too high lol........plus Miss Ross had a verse problem................again

midnight johnny
11-28-2013, 08:54 PM
A big thanks to you all....so nice to be with you on the holiday!!! See you on Tuesday for MORE of 1965?? Hope so....bye!!!

Glenpwood
11-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Was a great show John, sorry I couldn't be online more to interact with everyone. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

midnight johnny
11-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Thanks, Glen! I'm so glad that you and Diane and Carl could have the show as part of your festivities. Have a great holiday weekend yourself!!