PDA

View Full Version : Darlene Love

test

steve w
11-24-2013, 03:46 PM
Can somebody point me in the right direction to start buying some of her stuff. You know when you always hear her sing and say someday i will get round to explore in more depth but never do…..well i heard her first recording today which she supposedly gave away the rights for 300 dollars with no royalties, but boy what a voice.

Did she do any recordings with her sister Edna Wright??

any help will be much appreciated

blueskies
11-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Crystal Ball Records....with or without The Blossoms. Also, check amazon. http://www.crystalballrecords.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=+the+blossoms

reese
11-24-2013, 04:24 PM
THE SOUND OF LOVE: THE VERY BEST OF DARLENE LOVE [[2011) is a collection of her best work with Phil Spector, released under her own name as well as under the names Bobb B. Soxx and the Blue Jeans, and the Crystals.

SO MUCH LOVE: A DARLENE LOVE ANTHOLOGY 1958-1998 [[2008) doesn't contain any of her Spector work. It instead focuses on many of her recordings with the Blossoms, as well as some solo material from the 80s and 90s.

honest man
11-25-2013, 06:24 AM
THE SOUND OF LOVE: THE VERY BEST OF DARLENE LOVE [[2011) is a collection of her best work with Phil Spector, released under her own name as well as under the names Bobb B. Soxx and the Blue Jeans, and the Crystals.

SO MUCH LOVE: A DARLENE LOVE ANTHOLOGY 1958-1998 [[2008) doesn't contain any of her Spector work. It instead focuses on many of her recordings with the Blossoms, as well as some solo material from the 80s and 90s.

CHRISTMAS BABY PLEASE COME HOME[Maybe best xmas song of all time],Check Phil Spector Xmas Gift Album,she is featured on it ,Brilliant,Cheers.

steve w
11-25-2013, 04:12 PM
thanks for your advice - these CDs are on the xmas list