PDA

View Full Version : ~~~who would be your pick?~~~

test

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
11-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Hello Everyone,

If you could pick one artist and/or group to stop by your house to sing, who would it be? They can be living or deceased.

After my obvious choice, I would choose Louis Armstrong as the solo artist and The Rolling Stones as a group.

~~Mary~~

soulster
11-21-2013, 11:33 AM
None. I prefer to collect recorded, produced product that I can listen to over and over. I'd rather have a stereo that produced a sound that can recreate what they heard in the mastering room.

stingbeelee
11-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Hi Jive Five Mary G;
I would pick Dinah Washington as the solo artist; and the classic five Temptations for the group.

blueskies
11-21-2013, 01:01 PM
The original Marvelettes....how fun would that be. The champagnes on me!

Jerry Oz
11-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Ella Fitzgerald would be the artist the band might be the Crusaders. If I answered tomorrow, I'm sure the answers would be different, though.

Soul Sister
11-21-2013, 02:15 PM
He already lives in my house and sang so soulfully to me last night "Over The Rainbow", Jimmy sounded so amazing that it brought tears to my eyes.

Yes, I am talking about my wonderful husband who's voice is etheral.
S.S.

nosey
11-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Believe it or not George Harrison, my FAVORITE Beatle!

staceys dad
11-21-2013, 03:39 PM
the TEMPTATIONS................

reese
11-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Aretha Franklin and the original Supremes.

antceleb12
11-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Oooh this is a good one.

Solo, I'd chose either Ella or Dusty Springfield. They both just seem sweet as pie.

Group, I'd chose the DMF Surpremes line-up, no question.

marv2
11-21-2013, 09:06 PM
It would be Mary Wilson [[wearing a tight red dress......hehehehehe..) and the original Four Tops.

smark21
11-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Miley Cyrus

soulster
11-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Miley Cyrus Twerking!!!!!!!!!!

alanh
11-23-2013, 05:26 AM
Great question, but like similar of this kind my choice could vary from day to day. For the solo artiste it's Otis Redding, but the group is harder. As I wouldn't be able to fit them in and they're probably not a classified as a 'group' anyway I guess I can't have the Quincy Jones orchestra circa early/mid 70s?! So it better be The Beatles.

144man
11-23-2013, 08:05 AM
Would it be cheating to go for "USA for Africa" as the group?

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
11-23-2013, 10:40 AM
Great question, but like similar of this kind my choice could vary from day to day. For the solo artiste it's Otis Redding, but the group is harder. As I wouldn't be able to fit them in and they're probably not a classified as a 'group' anyway I guess I can't have the Quincy Jones orchestra circa early/mid 70s?! So it better be The Beatles.

Alanh, You can choose the Quincy Jones orchestra. I could be loosely described as a group. No problem with a little leeway here.:)

~~Mary~~

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
11-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Would it be cheating to go for "USA for Africa" as the group?

Hi 144man, I have no problem with your choice, if you don't. Quincy made all those stars into a group for the production.:cool:

~~Mary~~

Roberta75
11-24-2013, 09:37 AM
the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves and mr Marvin Gaye and Mr Nat King cole.

Roberta

timmyfunk
11-26-2013, 12:02 PM
The surviving Parliaments: George Clinton, Fuzzy Haskins, Calvin Simon, and Grady Thomas.
Singing all of the Revilot/Golden World material acapella.

robb_k
11-27-2013, 01:05 AM
Hello Everyone,

If you could pick one artist and/or group to stop by your house to sing, who would it be? They can be living or deceased.

After my obvious choice, I would choose Louis Armstrong as the solo artist and The Rolling Stones as a group.

~~Mary~~
I'm not sure who I'd pick, but they would be alive. I don't want any dead people to stop by my house to sing, or do anything else, for that matter. I have enough trouble dealing with the living.

With her beautiful voice, I would have loved to have had Dee Dee Warwick sing me to sleep every night, when I was a youth. She wasn't all that much older than I, and lived in New York, so it would have been difficult. It turned out, years later, that she was a good friend of one of my partners at Airwave Records, so I've had the pleasure of her sitting at the piano and singing for us on occaision.

As far as groups, I'd have liked The Flamingos to have serenaded us at my Uncle's house, when we used to stay there in Chicago, over Christmas Vacations from 1952-56. That could have been possible [[but not very likely). We did have some famous groups come from my high school in South Chicago, even at the time I attended. But, regarding The Flamingos, by the time we moved to Chicago they had lost Sollie McElroy and Johnny Carter, and their material wasn't as good as that of '53-'55. So, I'd probably have preferred The Drifters or Miracles or Jive Five in the early '60s. I couldn't name you even one current singer, so, I don't know who I'd pick to sing to me now.

mickeymac
12-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Sam Cooke for a singer. Group-The Dave Clark Five.