PDA

View Full Version : I love you madly

test

Ryon6
11-21-2013, 12:13 AM
The other day I was listening to "I Love You Madly" by the Fantastic Four. Such a beautiful song. Don't know why Motown didn't promote this group. Anyway as I was listening to this song, I could hear the Temptations singing this. Yeah, I heard David as lead with Paul as the co-lead. I also heard both Melvin and Eddie in the background. I wonder if the classic Temptations ever recorded this song, either live or as a recorded piece. It would've fit right in on the 'With A Lot Of Soul' album.

Roger Polhill
11-21-2013, 12:39 AM
I doubt it as it was a Ric-Tic recording and by this stage Norman Whitfield had taken the reins.

BayouMotownMan
11-22-2013, 12:26 PM
It should have been their first hit. But the Fantastic Four were inherited from another label and had to stand behind the Tempts, Tops, Miracles, Monitors, Contours, etc

heikki
11-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Hi!

Ralph Pruitt [[of the Fantastic Four): "The Ric Tic period was real good for us at the time. We were really ahead of our time... Ed sold our contract too, because at the time Motown wanted us, too. The truth be told, we were coming out with various hits and we were giving Motown a lot of competition. At the time the Temptations were booming, and the Four Tops and many others. We were realatively new, but we were coming out with good, solid hits."

Joe Pruitt: "We had a nice welcome at motown. It wasn't a situation, where anybody thought that they were above somebody. It was a nice, pleasant artmosphere."
[[Soul Express. The Fantastic Four)

Best regards
Heikki