PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross & Michael Jackson at the World Music Awards

test

jobeterob
11-17-2013, 01:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbEbH25Nvjc&feature=youtu.be

Ollie9
11-17-2013, 05:47 AM
Have never seen the whole thing before. Nice to see Diana in such a playful mood. Am glad the hair never became a permanent fixture. Great stuff....Cheers for posting.

David J
11-17-2013, 06:27 AM
I love Michael's reaction of him watching Diana that night, he's seems in awe of her and the moment Diana sat on his lap was priceless, great interraction and you can feel the love & respect those two of them had for each other.

And I love Diana's playful mood that night as well, all in all a performance I enjoy watching.

reese
11-17-2013, 01:17 PM
I think Debbie Allen enjoyed more than anybody else. :-)

skooldem1
11-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Debbie loves her some Diana Ross. I bet they have a great time when they get together. Anyone remember early in Debbie's career when she appeared on "Good Times" as Jimmy Walkers girlfriend? Her character was named "Diana". She played a heroin addict and gave a "Diana Ross IS Billie Holiday" inspired performance.

jobeterob
11-17-2013, 02:18 PM
What caught my attention about the video is the obvious love Michael had for Diana. It shows all over his face.

But Debbie Allen is a bundle of happy energy as well.

marybrewster
11-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Is that Mary's TCB wig? LOL; just kidding.

Diana looks fantastic and sounds fantastic as well. Like mentioned above, it's fun to see Diana in such a playful mood. I think she was expecting a bigger reaction to "the hair"; does anyone see that the audience is a bit "off"? I mean, who sits at a Diana Ross concert?

David J
11-18-2013, 10:37 AM
What caught my attention about the video is the obvious love Michael had for Diana. It shows all over his face.

But Debbie Allen is a bundle of happy energy as well.
I couldn't agree more, I love the expression on michael's face watching Diana, the look on his face is a combination of adoration, fascination and wonder. I love Debbie Allen's energetic reaction to Diana, she was loving her that night. All in all great and playful performance from Diana, she seem to be having fun on stage that night.

supremester
11-22-2013, 01:30 AM
It was a crazy night. There were lots of stories but most consistant was that MJ delayed the taping for a long time before the show began, then 3-4 hours more during the taping. I wasn't there, but that was from many sources. Miss Ross took a nap backstage and he was still not ready, she got fidgety and began trying on random wigs backstage. That blonde hair was a desperate attempt to keep herself peppy at 2am. That why she asked if anyone was awake - it was LATE.

detmotownguy
11-25-2013, 07:20 AM
It was a crazy night. There were lots of stories but most consistant was that MJ delayed the taping for a long time before the show began, then 3-4 hours more during the taping. I wasn't there, but that was from many sources. Miss Ross took a nap backstage and he was still not ready, she got fidgety and began trying on random wigs backstage. That blonde hair was a desperate attempt to keep herself peppy at 2am. That why she asked if anyone was awake - it was LATE.

Hi Supremester, we're you a reporter or a publicist to get all this juicy info? Do tell! Do you know if Gil worked for the supremes after Diane left the group?
Thanks in advance

jobeterob
11-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Supremester, amongst other things, published the Reach Out Newsletter and did some lengthy interviews with Gil and others for his publication. He can fill in some details.

skooldem1
11-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Diana told this story on the David Letterman show.