PDA

View Full Version : The Supremes/COME SEE ABOUT ME - LIVE! On SHINDIG! 1964

test

Methuselah2
11-14-2013, 10:39 PM
A familiar clip but a great one. When this originally aired, I was hooked from the first shimmy of that layered fringe dress. The blast-off of Diana, Mary, & Florence was now in full orbit. But the ride had only just started.

Many thanks to Bill Pillwell for this YouTube posting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a5wozOXXoA

floyjoy678
11-14-2013, 11:04 PM
I love this clip and always got a kick out of Diana and Florence screwing up the choreography on a couple of parts. Overall they looked like they were having fun. A week later they did this song on Lloyd Thaxton wearing the same dresses and wigs. It's interesting to watch this Shindig clip and then their performance of the song on Hullabaloo two months later and see how much better they got with performing the song and the choreography.

Methuselah2
11-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Floyjoy - I love that HULLABALOO performance, too, with a few steps that would be re-used for NOTHING BUT HEARTACHES, again on HULLABALOO. That CSAM performance has been sadly off of YouTube for a long time now. Wish that wonderful LLOYD THAXTON SHOW appearance would turn up. First time I ever saw The Supremes on TV. I haven't been the same since.

antceleb12
11-15-2013, 12:09 AM
This is my favorite performance of the song. The vocals are killer [[are Flo and Mary's vocals prerecorded?), and the choreography is hot [[those footsteps!).

marv2
11-15-2013, 12:21 AM
If you watch closely, Mary was absolutely perfect! Her movements, her expressions and her singing in this clip......perfect like a living doll! Classy.

bradsupremes
11-15-2013, 12:53 AM
The vocals are killer [[are Flo and Mary's vocals prerecorded?)

Yes, their vocals were prerecorded. Most of the vocals on Shindig were prerecorded at Gold Star Studios.

luke
11-15-2013, 09:24 AM
Yes. This is why they were the biggest American group--class, class, class, HDH, and three yet one.