PDA

View Full Version : If Diana Ross Did Another Album with the Bee Gees

test

Koach
11-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Would you have liked another collaboration between them to have occurred? I wonder how D.R. would have sounded on You Win Again, which became a hit for the Bee Gees shortly after Chain Reaction.

Glenpwood
11-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Nope, Chain Reaction was the one perfect collaboration of that match up. Everything else recorded for Eaten Alive was adequate but average. The only strong set of songs the Gibbs have done for another artist since then was the reteaming of them with Barbra Streisand for Guilty Pleasures but a lot of those songs wouldn't have suited Diana.

vgalindo
11-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Nope, Chain Reaction was the one perfect collaboration of that match up. Everything else recorded for Eaten Alive was adequate but average. The only strong set of songs the Gibbs have done for another artist since then was the reteaming of them with Barbra Streisand for Guilty Pleasures but a lot of those songs wouldn't have suited Diana.
I totally disagree. Everyone has their own tastes and the Eaten Alive abum is in my top 5 favorite Diana Ross albums. The only song I didn't care for was Eaten Alive. I absolutely love every other song on this album.

jobeterob
11-13-2013, 01:20 AM
I thought Eaten Alive was amongst her top 5 albums too.

jack020
11-13-2013, 03:03 AM
There is no BeeGees anymore: Only Robin Gibb survived!

Jaap
11-13-2013, 03:44 AM
There is no BeeGees anymore: Only Robin Gibb survived!

Actually, Barry is the surviving brother. Maurice died in 2003; Robin died in 2012.

I fully understand why some people consider Eaten Alive one of their favorite albums. It is one of the most consistent sounding album that Ross made. Only two songs stand out: Eaten Alive is fun yet 1980s novelty song, which to me sounds extremely dated by now and Chain Reaction is a classic Diana Ross song – not so much because of the retro-Motown sound but most of all because of her vocal performance. All the other songs are very consistent BeeGees sounding [[which is even more so when you hear the Eaten Alive demos by Barry Gibb, which includes all the songs except Eaten Alive and Chain Reaction). That same consistency makes the album for me one of the least favorite. I don’t know the technical vocal term for it, but Ross sighs throughout the album and never seems to put in a full vocal – which is of course a deliberate choice by the producers. As a result, it just doesn’t sound like Diana Ross to me… but that is of course largely a matter of personal taste.

Ollie9
11-13-2013, 04:42 AM
For me the only no no track is Eaten Alive which has not aged well at all. I think RCA wet their knickers at the thought of Diana, Michael and Barry all featured on one song that no one stopped to think if it was really the strongest song to be the first single. . I think the album sophisticated in content, but does lack that killer ballad as a follow up to the glorious Chain Reaction. For me it has improved with time, and is cerainly the most cohesive album she ever made for RCA.

Methuselah2
11-13-2013, 05:56 AM
Gosh, I love EATEN ALIVE. And the video for it. Diana simply nailed it--the vocal, the performance. The video's a hoot, and the laughing close-up of Diana at the very end--perfection.

Diana's been working her greatest hits and most known work to death on stage for a number of years. I would love for her to do a concert tour that's built solely around her recordings that aren't as well-known; such as: TELEPHONE; SUMMERTIME; SURRENDER; EXPERIENCE; and for Supremes' tunes, how 'bout: WHISPER YOU LOVE ME BOY; MOTHER DEAR; GOING DOWN FOR THE THIRD TIME; REMOVE THIS DOUBT.

Could such a thing as this actually happen? Oh, I doubt it: It might be thought too risky and, considering arrangements and rehearsal time, too costly. But at this point, it's the stuff I would truly love to hear and see performed on stage. I think it's time.

"DIANA ROSS:
The Tracks of My Years"

Or maybe

"DIANA ROSS:
Playing Favorites"

[[Somebody nudge me when it's time to wake up.)

Jaap
11-13-2013, 08:08 AM
Diana's been working her greatest hits and most known work to death on stage for a number of years. I would love for her to do a concert tour that's built solely around her recordings that aren't as well-known;
Could such a thing as this actually happen?

Perhaps not the obvious comparison, but Australian diva Kylie Minogue actually did this to celebrate her 25th anniversary as pop singer. She gave an "anti-tour" in which she performed "b-sides, demos, and rare tracks." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti_Tour

If it is set-up similar like Stolen Moments, I'm sure it would be a do-able project...

Jaap

Methuselah2
11-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Jaap - Pretty amazing that Kylie did that. Risky but wonderful. That's just what I'd love Diana to do. You're giving me hope that such a thing is possible. Thanks for that perfect example.

1382hitsville
11-13-2013, 09:38 AM
That would be a wonderful tour! As Diana stated almost every time she performs, she truly enjoys to see the audience, the energy and loves to have interaction with them.

A stolen moments tour, smaller venues, b-sides and hardly ever performed songs could give her and us that opportunity. Great idea!

reese
11-13-2013, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't want another collaboration between Diana and Barry Gibb. EATEN ALIVE is one of the few Diana albums that I have never gotten into. I don't think that it is a bad album. I really like the songs EXPERIENCE and CHAIN REACTION. But the rest of the songs have faded from my memory. As I type this, I honestly can't remember what much of Side Two of that album sounds like.

Of course, I could say the same about the album HEARTBREAKER, their collaboration with Dionne.

thommg
11-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Eaten Alive might be my favorite of Diana's RCA albums. I think the song Eaten Alive skewered the album, though. It doesn't really fit in with the rest of the songs. I also wasn't very fond of the cover because it didn't really represent the album. I think More & More and Don't Give Up On Each Other were killer tracks.

jobeterob
11-13-2013, 01:54 PM
I Love Being In Love With You was great.

A B Side, rarities series of concerts in smaller venues with higher ticket prices might fly.

I just don't know how much she'd be interested in it at age 70.

And the mass public of course, wants the hits which she has been delivering.

It would be nice for fans if she spiced up the hits ~ You Keep Me Hangin On, Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart, Someday We'll Be Together, I Hear A Symphony, Good Morning Heartache, It's My Turn ~ if some of those were added, the fans would appreciate it.

whitesoxx
11-13-2013, 02:19 PM
I never got into the Eaten Alive album either. At the time, the Bee Gees sound was already over and it seemed like Ms Ross was late at the party, when Streisand, Dionne and Kenny Rogers had already had succesful Gibb-produced albums before her. They certainly weren't hip anymore and coming after the succesful Swept Away album which was very modern and forward-sounding, I was very disappointed. I actually liked the title track and consider the video for it the most fun video she has ever made. But the rest [[including Chain Reaction) sound too Bee Gees-y to me with the prominent bacing vocals.
OK, More and More is a pretty song, but songs like "Oh Teacher" do nothing for me.

I was glad that when she toured the album in 1985 she actaully performed no more than 2 songs off of the album and instead did a lot of songs from Swept Away, including my favourite "Telephone"!

jobeterob
11-13-2013, 02:48 PM
Oh Teacher definitely was a weak link.

Jaap
11-13-2013, 08:53 PM
According to Barry Gibb, they wrote "Island in the stream" originally for Diana Ross. I'm not sure if that would have worked, but If Ross recorded and released that during that time, it might have worked.I agree that by the time Eaten Alive came around, the Bee Gees sound was dated [[though they did have a hit in Europe with You Win Again, which is a guilty pleasure kind of song). I'm no big Bee Gees fan, but they did magic with Barbra; okay with Dionne; and gave the left overs to Ross. I really enjoy listening to Experience, but cannot help to sing Heartbreaker over the chorus. The songs are extremely alike.

smark21
11-13-2013, 09:39 PM
I never got into the Eaten Alive album either. At the time, the Bee Gees sound was already over and it seemed like Ms Ross was late at the party, when Streisand, Dionne and Kenny Rogers had already had succesful Gibb-produced albums before her. They certainly weren't hip anymore and coming after the succesful Swept Away album which was very modern and forward-sounding, I was very disappointed. I actually liked the title track and consider the video for it the most fun video she has ever made. But the rest [[including Chain Reaction) sound too Bee Gees-y to me with the prominent bacing vocals.
OK, More and More is a pretty song, but songs like "Oh Teacher" do nothing for me.

I was glad that when she toured the album in 1985 she actaully performed no more than 2 songs off of the album and instead did a lot of songs from Swept Away, including my favourite "Telephone"!

I agree. By 85-86, the Bee Gees sound was dated in the US and they had become something of a joke and considered a relic of the disco era. Unfair, but true.

vgalindo
11-13-2013, 11:43 PM
Oh Teacher definitely was a weak link. I also agree.. my least favorite song on the album. Love the rest. One of my all time favorite Diana Ross songs is Experience.

nomis
11-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Eaten alive is an exellent pop album from the vitality of "Crimes Of Passion"..to the lyrics of - "and i love to see those faces of the friends i left behind..even those who spoke for me..trying to be kind"[[I love being in love)..is their any better written lyrics about the jealousy and apathy felt at Motown about Ross's rise ? those lyrics hit the damn nail on the head..the truth is there would never be another Ross/Gibb collaboration because the brothers where less than pleased with Ross in the studio - they found her unfocused and unprepared as she juggled several other show buisness commitments while recording but to give her some due to credit there are some notes on songs where she is singing much more passionatley than several earlier RCA albums - give or take the odd "Forever Young"..etc the album fizzled in the US due to the growing awarness of Wilsons autobiography,MTVs refusal to air 2 stunning promo videos [[reaction and alive) and the growing tensions between Ross and RCA which had begun with the dissmal sales of 83's "Ross' lp there was no Depasse or Roshkind in her corner at RCA and she was palpable with rage at the lack of attention RCA paid her....

jillfoster
11-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Bee Gees compostitions can be fabulous or real stinkers. They are usually 80 percent great. However, it's my opinion that their well ran a bit dry in the 80's.. there were still gems, but you didn't have that rapid fire of amazing songs they had in their first ten years. They also tend to keep their best songs for themselves on many occasions [[You Win Again). Chain Reaction was an AMAZING song, it should have been a massive hit over here instead of just in the UK. But DJ's quite playing Diana as much around that time. I have a friend who knows a prominent KC DJ at the biggest black station in town, and he says that Diana would get more play if her fans weren't so damn beligerent. They don't play Diana out of spite because her fans just devil them like a bunch of Jehova's Witnesses. I think the Bee Gees best collaboration with others was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xHQsMYosao

jillfoster
11-14-2013, 12:16 AM
And this was also another great collaboration of theirs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEMGp-xkUEE

I do, however... like all of their collaborations with other artists that they did in the late 60's and early 70's with people like the Marbles and Lulu and Abi and Esther Ofarim.

jobeterob
11-14-2013, 02:12 AM
One thing I"ve always noticed is that Heartbreaker is considered a big hit for Dionne; for Diana, it would have been a "modest" hit.

supremester
11-14-2013, 03:12 AM
The only Dionne record I had was Valley Of The Dolls until this came out. What a killer killer killer record this is - and she HATES it.

jillfoster
11-14-2013, 10:49 AM
The only Dionne record I had was Valley Of The Dolls until this came out. What a killer killer killer record this is - and she HATES it.

I didn't know she hates it, wow. Did she say this in an interview or something?

jillfoster
11-14-2013, 10:52 AM
One thing I"ve always noticed is that Heartbreaker is considered a big hit for Dionne; for Diana, it would have been a "modest" hit.

Why do you say that? Heartbreaker was a top 10 hit in 13 countries. It had roughly the same chart positions in the US as "It's My Turn". I consider that a big hit for Diana.. not her biggest... but then, Heartbreaker wasn't Dionne's biggest, either.

RossHolloway
11-14-2013, 11:57 AM

I agree with your post. Diana Ross is a pop/soul singer and needs writers and producers who can bring out the soul and beauty in her voice. I thought the Eaten Alive album eraced all the soul from her voice.

jillfoster
11-14-2013, 02:45 PM
I agree with your post. Diana Ross is a pop/soul singer and needs writers and producers who can bring out the soul and beauty in her voice. I thought the Eaten Alive album eraced all the soul from her voice.

Alot of the RCA albums have that, and that is because Diana is a notroriously lazy singer, it's been said by many different sources that Berry would really PUSH her, and get really great performances, but left to her own devices, she wouldn't really "Step out" in the studio, and the material ended up suffering for it.

Ollie9
11-14-2013, 02:54 PM
I disagree. Compared to the soulless slush of Why Do Fools and Silk Electric, and the often absurd songs from Swept Away [[Nobody makes me crazy) Eaten Alive is a virtual hotbed of emotional passion and sophistication. Diana Ross is always at her best when taking instruction in the studio. Take Me Higher is a good example of this, not to mention all her work with Ashford & Simpson and strong producers like Tom Dowd. I think their are some really unusual gems to be found on Eaten Alive, More & More being a prime example.

RossHolloway
11-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Alot of the RCA albums have that, and that is because Diana is a notroriously lazy singer, it's been said by many different sources that Berry would really PUSH her, and get really great performances, but left to her own devices, she wouldn't really "Step out" in the studio, and the material ended up suffering for it.

@Jill you've made that silly comment before and you sound both crazy and ridiculious. Too many artists from Smokey to Martha to Katherine Anderson to many others have mentioned Diana Ross's work ethic. If you don't care for Diana Ross, you're entitled to do so, but your insipid comments about DR being a lazy singer just indicates to everyone else that you have no credibility.

skooldem1
11-14-2013, 03:04 PM
At the time, I didn't like this album as much as her previous albums because I didn't like the "Bee Gee" sound [[ I have since realized that I do in fact like some Bee Gee songs). With that said, looking back, this album had some great songs on it.

I'm watching you
I love being in love with you
More and more
Chain Reaction

and yes..... Eaten Alive was a good dance track.

Roberta75
11-14-2013, 03:11 PM
@Jill you've made that silly comment before and you sound both crazy and ridiculious. Too many artists from Smokey to Martha to Katherine Anderson to many others have mentioned Diana Ross's work ethic. If you don't care for Diana Ross, you're entitled to do so, but your insipid comments about DR being a lazy singer just indicates to everyone else that you have no credibility.

Credibilitty thats a laugh. He lost all cred when he told that story about seeing a tape of Motown the musical 3 month before it open but couldnt provide many details of what what the musical was about. Lord have mercy that was real real funny.

supremester
11-14-2013, 04:17 PM
@jillfoster She said it to me and the audience at Chinookwinds Bingo Hall & Showroom in Lincoln City, OR in 2008 or 2009. I had sent a note requesting it and No Night So Long. She repeated the note to the audience, thanked me and said, "I never sing your favorite song because I do not LIKE your favorite song, but, because of your kind words [[I left out my life-changing horror of being 4 feet from her camel toe the year before) I will sing it for you." And, she performed a soulless, perfunctory version of the hit. No mentipon was made of No Night So Long. After the show, I was chatting with her PA and he was shocked to hear it out in the lobby. He said she NEVER does it outside of Norther Europe. She did Alfie that night and it was chilling. Sadly, she can't sing it anymore and I don't think she even tries. Those cigs are working their magic.

RossHolloway
11-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Credibilitty thats a laugh. He lost all cred when he told that story about seeing a tape of Motown the musical 3 month before it open but couldnt provide many details of what what the musical was about. Lord have mercy that was real real funny.

I know. There are always the same two trolls in ever D. Ross/Supreme thread *SMDH*. They must both live a very lonely and sad life.

jillfoster
11-14-2013, 05:38 PM
I know. There are always the same two trolls in ever D. Ross/Supreme thread *SMDH*. They must both live a very lonely and sad life.-

Sorry, but Randy Taraborelli, Ron Miller, Robin Gibb and Michael Masser have ALL said that, so don't act like this is news to your ears, and i'm the only one saying it. She DID have a fantastic work ethic, but she just didn't push herself VOCALLY in the studio unless someone was coaxing it out of her.

marv2
11-15-2013, 12:27 AM
"If Diana Ross Did Another Album with the Bee Gees? "..........I'd eat the biggest, grossist bug you can find, because they hated working with Diana Ross! Robin and Barry Gibb have said that they were livid when she showed up at the recording sessions so unprepared; never even taking the time to learn the lyrics to the songs that had been given to her a couple of months before the scheduled sessions. Robin went on to say that he'd never work with her again. LOL!

marv2
11-15-2013, 12:34 AM

Here is a great example of what you are saying. They had to use all sorts of studio tricks to get this slop ready for that compilation CD tribute to Berry Gordy. I actually heard this on the radio once back in 1995 and said to myself, wow! she is really in trouble! What happened? LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY2wCJLCkkE

marv2
11-15-2013, 12:36 AM
Bee Gees compostitions can be fabulous or real stinkers. They are usually 80 percent great. However, it's my opinion that their well ran a bit dry in the 80's.. there were still gems, but you didn't have that rapid fire of amazing songs they had in their first ten years. They also tend to keep their best songs for themselves on many occasions [[You Win Again). Chain Reaction was an AMAZING song, it should have been a massive hit over here instead of just in the UK. But DJ's quite playing Diana as much around that time. I have a friend who knows a prominent KC DJ at the biggest black station in town, and he says that Diana would get more play if her fans weren't so damn beligerent. They don't play Diana out of spite because her fans just devil them like a bunch of Jehova's Witnesses. I think the Bee Gees best collaboration with others was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xHQsMYosao

Now this was one great record! Dionne is a true pro. She had been at the top for 20 years by the time this one was released. She makes it all look so easy and she sings beautifully.

marv2
11-15-2013, 12:40 AM
Now check this out! I think it was from the Red Skelton Show, not sure but she did another incredible performance here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0wCuwUneSM

luke
11-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Yikes. Youve Made Me So Very Happy. Brenda doesnt have to worry. Awful. Did Diana produce it? Hal Davis and Johnny Bristol also have discussed trying to get a good performance out of her. Youd think shed be happy to have the chance to make records and give it her all. Dont get it.

marv2
11-15-2013, 09:51 AM
Yikes. Youve Made Me So Very Happy. Brenda doesnt have to worry. Awful. Did Diana produce it? Hal Davis and Johnny Bristol also have discussed trying to get a good performance out of her. Youd think shed be happy to be have the chance to make records and give it her all. Dint get it.

Yep! Diane had FULL control of that baby, just as she's had over her career since leaving Berry and Motown in 1980. You saw the results yet her fans like to place the blame on other people just because they wrote books..............

Roberta75
11-15-2013, 12:32 PM
You went to bed last night raging against Diane Ross and woke up this morning and went right back to your Diane obsessing. You need help or medicattion my dear and Im being real real serious about this.

I implore you to Put away from you all bitterness and wrath and anger and wrangling and slander, together with all malice, and be kind and tender-hearted and forgiving as Christ shall forgive you.

Roberta

RossHolloway
11-15-2013, 12:45 PM
You went to bed last night raging against Diane Ross and woke up this morning and went right back to your Diane obsessing. You need help or medicattion my dear and Im being real real serious about this.

I implore you to Put away from you all bitterness and wrath and anger and wrangling and slander, together with all malice, and be kind and tender-hearted and forgiving as Christ shall forgive you.

Roberta

Why bother Roberta? We're both trying to talk reasonably with a bunch of HATERS. Diana Ross has been a successful singer for over 50 years, now what have all these HATERS here done with their lives? Nothing productive or noteworthy from what I can tell. I find it humerous that some hack has the nerve to try and call Diana a lazy singer. It's funny I've never heard Berry Gordy, HDH, Ashford & Simpson or Smokey Robinson ever utter those words about Diana Ross. In fact I've heard quite the opposite. I still think its best to ignore the HATER TROLLS and just sit back and listen to some of Diana's music.

Roberta75
11-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Why bother Roberta? We're both trying to talk reasonably with a bunch of HATERS. Diana Ross has been a successful singer for over 50 years, now what have all these HATERS here done with their lives? Nothing productive or noteworthy from what I can tell. I find it humerous that some hack has the nerve to try and call Diana a lazy singer. It's funny I've never heard Berry Gordy, HDH, Ashford & Simpson or Smokey Robinson ever utter those words about Diana Ross. In fact I've heard quite the opposite. I still think its best to ignore the HATER TROLLS and just sit back and listen to some of Diana's music.

This isnt even about Diane Ross rossholloway this is about carrying around hate in you heart for a woman you dont know and hate in your heart for the lesbian ladies and homosexual gentlemen who are on youtube and doing nobody any harm. Its not healthy and its not good for you and hate and bitterness can and will eventaly destroy a person.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

vgalindo
11-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Here is a great example of what you are saying. They had to use all sorts of studio tricks to get this slop ready for that compilation CD tribute to Berry Gordy. I actually heard this on the radio once back in 1995 and said to myself, wow! she is really in trouble! What happened? LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY2wCJLCkkE

Wow thats what I said back in 1979 when I first heard Mary Wilson sing Red Hot. Boy was she in trouble... And she sure was... Never did get a solo hit.... I don't mean to talk bad about Mary but you do see how this sounds?? How was Diana in trouble... She had dozens of hits Gold and platnuim songs after this song!!

jobeterob
11-15-2013, 03:17 PM

You've hit the nail on the head here Ross.

Generally, the haters are on a pension of some sort if they are lucky, on nothing at all if they are unlucky, have buckets of time, were not successful in any career and are highly resentful of successful people. If they come from a disadvantaged background, they are particularly resentful of people from their own City and State that came from similar backgrounds and went on to make millions of dollars and become huge successes [[read Berry Gordy, Diana Ross, Beyoncé, Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder there).

It's very sad to see people be so jealous and resentful but that's what they live off of - the jealousy, resentment, distrust, anger. Even if there are seeds of a basis for their jealousy, they need to do what they have to in order to let it all go.

Mary Wilson let it go and she had a reason for her jealousy; Mirage, who appears here from time to time, seems to have a reason to be jealous and couldn't quite let it go. Marv can't let it go at all.

reese
11-15-2013, 03:18 PM
I thought Diana's version of YOU'VE MADE ME SO VERY HAPPY was really good. Jerry Peters did a great production job on it.

That recording, along with Stevie Wonder and the Tempts' DREAM COME TRUE, are my favorite tracks from the tribute album.

vgalindo
11-15-2013, 03:20 PM
I love the song too! I really do enjoy it...

skooldem1
11-15-2013, 03:21 PM
The record was produced to sound current. Not a bad recording at all.

marv2
11-15-2013, 06:38 PM
I thought Diana's version of YOU'VE MADE ME SO VERY HAPPY was really good. Jerry Peters did a great production job on it.

That recording, along with Stevie Wonder and the Tempts' DREAM COME TRUE, are my favorite tracks from the tribute album.

You mentioned the key phrase.......he did a great PRODUCTION job on it. Diane sounded like she was asleep, drunk or drugged......

thommg
11-15-2013, 11:45 PM

I think Diana's vocal on this fits the production of the song. It's a fine version of the song. If you think she's gonna belt this out, you're wrong. She doesn't have that kind of voice. Yes, she has put down some vocals that sound as though she should have pushed a little harder, but this song is not one of them.

thisoldheart
11-16-2013, 01:27 AM
well, i know who has the most incredible singing voice on this page ... DW! jeez, can that woman sing ... and she does it all with her voice ... no theatrics! just try singing those very difficult and sophisticated bacarack & david songs. poor woman has never been given the props she deserves. you won't find her fans talking about her hair or dresses ... everything is in the song. what a singer.

marv2
11-16-2013, 03:20 AM
well, i know who has the most incredible singing voice on this page ... DW! jeez, can that woman sing ... and she does it all with her voice ... no theatrics! just try singing those very difficult and sophisticated bacarack & david songs. poor woman has never been given the props she deserves. you won't find her fans talking about her hair or dresses ... everything is in the song. what a singer.

Dionne Warwick could always sing Diana Ross under the table. She is just superb.........

Ollie9
11-16-2013, 05:01 AM
Alas........It really is a pointless argument the this singer is better than that singer debate. One could go on untill the end of time. Not even Diana's legions of fans would claim she is technically the best singer in the world. What she does have is a unique sounding voice, which it would be fair to say quite a few people have enjoyed over the years. It really is as simple as that!!!

vgalindo
11-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Alas........It really is a pointless argument the this singer is better than that singer debate. One could go on untill the end of time. Not even Diana's legions of fans would claim she is technically the best singer in the world. What she does have is a unique sounding voice, which it would be fair to say quite a few people have enjoyed over the years. It really is as simple as that!!! This is so true. I really love Dionne Warwick she is one of my favorites her voice in her prime was absolutely beautiful. I believe her Bach and David songs are timeless. However Diana Ross is my all time favorite singer and I do believe she sounds 100 percent better than Dionne does today! There is just nobody that can touch my Diana!!!

jobeterob
11-17-2013, 02:04 AM
Diana at her current age sounds better than many of her contemporaries; many of them have weathered far worse than her including Martha Reeves, Aretha Franklin and Dionne Warwick. But they were all better and great in their day.

Roberta75
11-17-2013, 03:26 AM
Diana at her current age sounds better than many of her contemporaries; many of them have weathered far worse than her including Martha Reeves, Aretha Franklin and Dionne Warwick. But they were all better and great in their day.

Excuse me but the First Lady of Motown records Miss Martha reeves voice had weathered real well in fact Martha still sounds a plus and put on a show thats better than all of her former Motown costars.

Roberta

daviddh
11-18-2013, 10:51 PM
I liked the album and I think it was the best RCA lp she released. I don't think EATIN ALIVE has held up well either but I do think it was a good album cut. I downloaded the album in my POS and changed the tracklisting line up and moved EA to the las track and moved Crimes Of Passion to side 1 track 5. it probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me but I wanted to see if the lp flowed better and it seems to do so for me. th eonly other song that doesn't hit me is OH TEACHER. but Dr was in good vocals

thommg
11-19-2013, 10:32 PM
the only other song that doesn't hit me is OH TEACHER. but Dr was in good vocals

It's funny seeing the dislike for Oh, Teacher. While it's not my favorite from the LP I have a fondness for it. My nieces loved dancing to this song when they were young and I always think of them when I hear it.