PDA

View Full Version : Malt Shop Cruise- 4- Tops

test

tmd
11-10-2013, 01:33 PM
I enjoyed the crazy good entertainment on 2013 Malt Shop Cruise, from Neil Sedeka, Pet Clark, Leslie Gore, Gary Lewis, and much more.
I was very hesitant about seeing my all time favorite group the 4- Tops with Levi, Obie and Lawrence being long gone, but I was very please with the way they played tribute to each past member it was great to see the group acknowledge Obie Benson writing What's Going On, and of course the major contribution that Levi has made to music- the Captain.
I also liked seeing Lawrence Jr. pay homage to his Dad, and also to see Earl Van Dyke Jr. as the groups conductor- quite a bit of Motown royalty.
I even got a chance to speak briefly to Duke, It was great to see him take the lead on several songs and his "We Did it our Way" was a nice touch. I asked him had he ever had a lead and he said rather quickly never- he said he never wanted to.
I was hoping to meet Lawrence Jr. and tell him my favorite song of his Dad was off Keeper of the Castle- he wrote and sang lead on the "The Good Lord Knows" a great song.

marv2
11-10-2013, 01:54 PM
I enjoyed the crazy good entertainment on 2013 Malt Shop Cruise, from Neil Sedeka, Pet Clark, Leslie Gore, Gary Lewis, and much more.
I was very hesitant about seeing my all time favorite group the 4- Tops with Levi, Obie and Lawrence being long gone, but I was very please with the way they played tribute to each past member it was great to see the group acknowledge Obie Benson writing What's Going On, and of course the major contribution that Levi has made to music- the Captain.
I also liked seeing Lawrence Jr. pay homage to his Dad, and also to see Earl Van Dyke Jr. as the groups conductor- quite a bit of Motown royalty.
I even got a chance to speak briefly to Duke, It was great to see him take the lead on several songs and his "We Did it our Way" was a nice touch. I asked him had he ever had a lead and he said rather quickly never- he said he never wanted to.
I was hoping to meet Lawrence Jr. and tell him my favorite song of his Dad was off Keeper of the Castle- he wrote and sang lead on the "The Good Lord Knows" a great song.

Tmd, thank for such a great review and commentary. I still look forward to seeing the "new" Four Tops myself.