PDA

View Full Version : A new co-lead for the Spinners

test

heikki
11-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Hi!

My interviews with Henry Fambrough and Ronnie Moss at

http://www.soulexpress.net/deep7_2013.htm

Also a bit on Candi Staton and Tommy Hunt.

Best regards
Heikki

marv2
11-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Nice article. He seems like a good fit for the group [[and he's from Michigan!) Thanks Heikki!

MIKEW-UK
11-10-2013, 11:45 AM
If you are interested in the sound set -up for a group like The Spinners, here's an interesting document on the web and in the public domain.... consoles, amps, microphones, all instruments, etc etc . Must have nerves of steel to book an act these days!

http://www.paradiseartists.com/artists/spinners/rider.pdf

soulwally
11-10-2013, 12:46 PM
As ever, thanks for that, Heikki, interesting reads. Like many on here I like my Spinners updates!!

heikki
11-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Thank you Marv and Soulwally. Let's hope that the next update will be a new CD.
Mike, in those riders I'm always curious about the drinks they want. It seems tha the Spinners' demand is quite moderate.

Best regards
Heikki

tsull1
11-10-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm a huge Spinners fan, my favorite group, but I'm starting to believe in retirements of these fabulous groups. Now Henry Fambrough [[and Duke Fakir and Otis Williams) have a right to do what they want with these legendary brand names.

No offense to Ronnie Moss, or Charlton Washington, Marvin Taylor, or Jessie Peck [[current Spinners), but it's just not the same. At one time they had Spike Bonhert and Frank Washington [[not a good lineup, IMO), now this.

The Spinners to me is Henry, Bobbie Smith, Pervis Jackson, and Billy Henderson and preferably G.C. Cameron, Phillippe Wynne, or John Edwards. I guess I'm a purist and they're now a touring group. I did see them with Smith, Fambrough, Taylor, Peck, and Washington, and they did a great job, and I had a fabulous time.

Things changed for me when John Edwards had to retire. Things REALLY changed for me when Smith died.

When one original is left, I'm just not feeling it right now, though the newbies can really bring it. When Henry passes I hope the new guys don't continue as the group with zero original members. Just call yourselves The Spinners Review or something.

I have the same issues with Tempts and Tops, though Tyson being in the group for 25 or so years lessens things a bit on the Tempts.

Yeah, I want this perfect little world that's not going to happen ... sorry.