PDA

View Full Version : Commodores Movin' On CD

test

noel181
11-08-2013, 02:05 AM
The Commodores Movin' On Album is now available on CD released Oct 31st, 2013. It has been issued in Holland on PTG Records 34168. This is the first time it has been released on CD. Check it out on grooves inc. There are no shipping charges so the price shown includes postage. The prices change every week slightly [[up or down) and they offer great deals all the time and email you when they have special sales. I have bought other albums on PTG Records and the sound is great and highly recommend. I receive items 4 days after they ship them so they are very quick.

http://www.grooves-inc.com/commodores-movin-ptg-cd-album-pZZa1-1898525234.html

marv2
11-08-2013, 04:59 PM
This was one of my favorite Commodores albums containing the hit "Sweet Love".

mysterysinger
11-09-2013, 03:09 PM
£9.99 on pre-order from Amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Movin-On-The-Commodores/dp/B00FZVNS9E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384023990&sr=8-1&keywords=ptg+records

jbpintus
11-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Something worth knowing : it is transferred from vinyl and isn't from a motown master tape. The transfert is good but you CAN hear some crakles during the quiet parts, motsly during "Sweet Love"

That said, although not the most common one, it had been released on cd in the late 80s as part of the MOTD series.

JB

calvin
11-10-2013, 05:39 AM
Something worth knowing : it is transferred from vinyl and isn't from a motown master tape. The transfert is good but you CAN hear some crakles during the quiet parts, motsly during "Sweet Love"

JB

Thanks jbpintus for that information, I cancelled my order. Why would they do a crackly vinyl rip - maybe Universal wouldn't give them the masters, or perhaps PTG just saves money this way? It's not a bootleg, is it? Does anyone here know anything about PTG Records?

noel181
11-10-2013, 01:47 PM
The company that makes the actual CDs is Vinyl-Masterpieces.com PTG Records markets them. They are digitally remastered using the best and latest technology. Here is the address to their site explaining the processes for CD and 180 gram vinyl releases.

http://www.vinyl-masterpiece.com/about_us.php

I have purchased Val Young - Seduction , Dazz Band - Keep It Live & T-Boy Ross - Changes

The sound quality is excellent and there are no crackles [[correct spelling)

Also This album was re-released Jun 1981 on VINYL on the Motown Series MOT-5178V1
I have never seen this released before on CD. It was the only Commodores album that was not issued on CD.

marv2
11-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I still have "Movin' On" on vinyl from when I bought it back in the 70's.

noel181
11-10-2013, 02:19 PM
This was the 3rd album on Motown and was given a great review. This was praised as being a better album than the previous Machine Gun and Caught In The Act with no bad tracks from beginning to end. I especially like Cebu which was used twice as a b-side on 45's. Once as flip to Fancy Dancer in 1976 and again as flip to Only You in 1983. Time was supposed to be issued as a hit but was never released.

renedarwin
01-19-2014, 02:05 PM
Oh, FINALLY! I can stop looking for the Machine Gun/Movin' On 2-fer CD.
Thanks for the post.