PDA

View Full Version : Steve Arrington in concert - Awesome performance

test

wonder_woman
11-04-2013, 12:26 PM
So lucky to have seen Steve Arrington perform last week, what a talented guy and great performer, he was memorizing and the highlight of my evening at the Indigo 02 venue in London.

Jerry Oz
11-04-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm a big fan of his. There are others on these boards who cannot stand to hear his voice come through the speakers, from my understanding. Steve Arrington's voice became as synonymous with the sound of Slave as Mark Adams' bass and that's saying a lot.

If I may ask, what songs did he sing? His solo stuff? His stuff from the years with Slave or both?

GrtGzu
11-04-2013, 03:08 PM
There are others on these boards who cannot stand to hear his voice come through the speakers, from my understanding.

No kidding? Welp - count me in as a fan as well...Loved Slave, and I could listen to Sugar Momma Baby all day long.....still in my playlist too..

splanky
11-05-2013, 09:53 AM
I didn't know Steve was still performing. In a lot of ways Steve was to Slave what junie Morrison was to both The Ohio Players and later P-Funk....A new cat taking over and reshaping the bands sound. Except Stevie had more sucess as a solo act. I'd like to know
what he sang too. Love his stuff both with Slave and out of it. Second Sugar Mama Baby but
also dug Mellow As A Cello, his still relevant Homeboy and that shake it in yo face throwdown Weak In The Knees. Funk with the balls of a gorilla!....