PDA

View Full Version : The VELVELETTES - On SWINGIN' TIME; + More Recent Photo

test

Methuselah2
11-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Just in case this video hasn't appeared on SDF before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRX2ZoWCjjQ

Many thanks to Aintnobigthing for the YouTube posting.

nosey
11-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Wow when I see vintage stuff like this I immediately remember our prom dresses looked like what they're wearing along with the wigs. It's a shame they weren't bigger than what they were.

I don't know how recent that pic is but they look marvelous.

luke
11-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Great stuff. Great pic. Cal seemed subdued though; Annette and Sandra hard to see. One of my fave Motown songs. Miss Cal lookin very Brenda! When was the above pic taken?

Methuselah2
11-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Wow when I see vintage stuff like this I immediately remember our prom dresses looked like what they're wearing along with the wigs. It's a shame they weren't bigger than what they were.

I don't know how recent that pic is but they look marvelous.

Nosey - I'm right there with 'ya. The vintage stuff always gets to me. Brings back a flood of images and memories. Always loved The Velvelettes. NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK is one of my great favorites.

Methuselah2
11-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Great stuff. Great pic. Cal seemed subdued though; Annette and Sandra hard to see. One of my fave Motown songs. Miss Cal lookin very Brenda! When was the above pic taken?

Luke - I'm not sure about the date. I'd guess 2011 but Theboyfromxtown would know for sure. Wonderful to see Betty Kelly in the shot.

theboyfromxtown
11-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Methuselah2. You make an old man very happy. I never tire of watching this performance or indeed any of their performances.

Now the date of that picture.....you are testing me and I'm going to have cheat and look at my pictures to find out when it was.

theboyfromxtown
11-02-2013, 09:12 PM
I've just remembered.

The background gives it away. Kelli went to see her family in Kalamazoo around August in the year when there was a Velvelettes exhibition in Kalamazoo. The ladies all went to the exhibition that day to bring back memories of all 5 together. That was when the photo was taken. So it would be about 2009.

kenneth
11-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Which one is Betty in the recent photo? Second from right?

For those who know, can you please identify the girls for us? Thanks!

theboyfromxtown
11-02-2013, 09:41 PM
L-R Milly, Norma, Betty, Cal, Bertha

kenneth
11-02-2013, 11:30 PM
@theboxfromxtown - Thank you. I should have realized that was Cal. She's still gorgeous and doesn't look all that different!