PDA

View Full Version : Diana on David Letterman; 1995

test

marybrewster
11-01-2013, 11:24 PM
A great performance by Diana that I've never seen; she's promoting her "new" album "Take Me Higher" and sings the title track. But more interesting is the interview [[starts at 3:50) with Dave. She mentions performing at the Ed Sullivan Theatre with the Supremes; tells a story of getting stuck in an elevator and missing her [[their) cue [[is it possible that this was the "Love Child" performance?) and talks about Ed referring to the Supremes as "the girls".

I hope you enjoy as much as I did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAbRwgsh4zg

midnight johnny
11-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Great clip, marybrewster!!! Nice, flirty chemistry between Dave and Diana!!! Made me smile lots!

supremester
11-02-2013, 04:29 PM
For those who have not seen Miss Ross live - that is a perfect representation of her persona onstage.

reese
11-02-2013, 07:08 PM
She is always good with Letterman. In 1996, she came back to perform I WILL SURVIVE, and did a nice little skit where she ran through the audience, out the back door, got a message, and then came back onstage in her bathrobe.

I also thought her later performance on his show of MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY during her promotion for I LOVE YOU was her best tv performance on that song.

thisoldheart
11-03-2013, 02:16 AM
by 1995 miss ross seems to have mastered the art on the tv interview. i always found her on stage patter annoying in her supremes days, but she was very young. she comes across as sassy, smart, and amusing 25 years later. great clip!