PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Wonder to Perform Entire 'Songs In The Key Of Life' at Holiday Benefit

test

jobeterob
10-29-2013, 08:56 PM
Stevie Wonder to Perform Entire 'Songs In The Key Of Life' at Holiday Benefit

By Gail Mitchell, Los Angeles | October 29, 2013 6:02 PM EDT

Stevie Wonder announced today that he will perform his landmark album "Songs in the Key of Life" in its entirety at his 18th annual House Full of Toys Benefit Concert. The concert will take place Dec. 21 at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live.

"This has been a fantasy of mine for a while," said Wonder during a press conference held earlier today at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles. "I wanted to do something that would thank everyone for supporting my career and also thank God for me being able to do the music I do. And listening to this album again, it is amazing to me how relevant it is today."

Stevie Wonder Speaks Out at Global Citizen Festival

The performance will feature some of the original singers and musicians from the 1976 double-album as well as singers/musicians from the contemporary scene. Without revealing any names at this point, Wonder noted that he is "reaching out and talking to a lot of people." The 21-song project went on to garner several Grammy Awards for Wonder, including album of the year and producer of the year. It is also one of the few albums to be awarded Diamond status by the RIAA for sales of more than 10 million copies in the U.S.

Wonder ended the press conference by treating the assembled media to a mini-concert of several "Life" songs, including "Sir Duke," "As" and "I Wish." Joining him were keyboardist Greg Phillinganes and percussionist Munyungo Jackson.

This marks the seventh year that the Nokia Theater will host Wonder's House Full of Toys benefit, which collects and distributes unwrapped toys and gifts for people in need. Tickets go on sale this Friday, Nov. 1 at AXS.com.

Watch Stevie perform a pair of classic "Songs":

thomas96
10-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Wow, would I love to see that. So frustrating that he doesn't tour and only does small shows like this every once in a while or festival type shows.

marybrewster
10-29-2013, 10:28 PM
Is Stevie still boycotting Florida? Doesn't California have a similar "Stand Your Ground" law?

sophisticated_soul
10-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Is Stevie still boycotting Florida? Doesn't California have a similar "Stand Your Ground" law?

No, we do not. The gun laws of California are some of the strictest in the United States.

midnightman
10-30-2013, 12:32 AM
By entire, he'd better do the TWO LPS and the EP, otherwise, he's just lying.

RossHolloway
10-30-2013, 10:16 AM
I've only seen Stevie in concert once before, and would love to attend this concert. WOW.

marybrewster
10-30-2013, 10:39 AM
No, we do not. The gun laws of California are some of the strictest in the United States.

Thank you s_s.

marv2
10-30-2013, 10:49 AM
This should be something really special. I haven't seen Stevie in concert in over 15 years.

Roberta75
10-30-2013, 12:38 PM
This should be something really special. I haven't seen Stevie in concert in over 15 years.

Are you planning on coming to Los Angeles for stevies concert. Let me know and we can make a dinner date.

Roberta

jobeterob
10-30-2013, 02:32 PM
If the dinner date proceeds, can we have a short video of part of it?

Roberta75
10-30-2013, 02:52 PM
If the dinner date proceeds, can we have a short video of part of it?

You betcha jobeterob and much to marvs surprise he willl meet a real woman and ill even wear a cocktail dress for our date.

Fondly,

Roberta

RossHolloway
10-30-2013, 04:34 PM
You betcha jobeterob and much to marvs surprise he willl meet a real woman and ill even wear a cocktail dress for our date.

Fondly,

Roberta

This couldn't possibly end well...

Roberta75
10-30-2013, 05:09 PM
This couldn't possibly end well...

LOL. That's what they say when Ozzie Davis met Ruby Dee and they was married for 57 years so ya never know although I think Luke would be real jelous.

Roberta

jobeterob
10-30-2013, 05:59 PM
Jilted after all this time, you say?

I will run the video camera for the dinner date.

RossHolloway
10-30-2013, 07:14 PM
Jilted after all this time, you say?

I will run the video camera for the dinner date. I will pay for dinner, if I can just sit and eavesdrop from the next table.

Roberta75
10-30-2013, 07:25 PM
I will pay for dinner, if I can just sit and eavesdrop from the next table.

I should turn this dinner with marv into a fundraiser for my church. I really hope he come to LA for stevie Wonders concert. There should be always be peace on earth at Christmas.

Roberta