PDA

View Full Version : Motown album covers

test

MIKEW-UK
10-29-2013, 06:50 AM
This is probably old news to many of you, but new to me and perhaps some of you. A lot of Motown album covers I have never seen before...
http://www.recordplanet.nl/en/motown.html

roger
10-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Great stuff Mikew-uk .. some of those covers were unfamiliar to me as well ...
:)
Roger

midnight johnny
10-29-2013, 11:27 AM
This is probably old news to many of you, but new to me and perhaps some of you. A lot of Motown album covers I have never seen before...
http://www.recordplanet.nl/en/motown.html

Not old news at all, Mike.....thanks for your posting!!

Nothing But Soul
10-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Thanks for posting this link, Mike. Although there were some album covers that I was expecting to see that were missing, the covers that I hadn't seen before more than made up for that. I'm particularly fond of the Taylor Made Soul album cover, which falls into my "so bad it's good category" like a couple of Stax album covers I can think of: Knock on Wood and Dictionary of Soul.

marv2
10-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Wow, those are some real oldies there! I'm lucky to have many of the original recordings in my collection. Thanks MIKEW-UK

MIKEW-UK
11-01-2013, 04:58 AM
nbs, the Taylor Made Soul is just such a fine album. I wonder how many copies they sold in the UK? I bet less than 200! I was one of them. It was scarce!!

Nothing But Soul
11-01-2013, 06:52 AM
Mike, I wholeheartedly agree with you that Taylor Made Soul is a fine album. I don't think it sold very many copies in the US either. Fortunately, it was at least partially rescued from undeserved obscurity when it was included in its entirety on the Bobby Taylor Motown Anthology in 2006.

tamla617
11-03-2013, 03:32 PM
That was good Mike. At last I saw the covers to the stuff I've got in my hard drive!
Taylor made anything is brilliant and was so under rated, nil promotion etc. at the time. Couldn't give him a seat in front of, Marvin, Edwin, Jimmy, Stevie and all those groups, Motown was flat out as it was!. His Anthology is one of the best . Cheers for finding that "little" lot, Mike.