View Full Version : UNSUNG: The Return Of The MARY WELLS Episode

test

Methuselah2
10-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Many thanks to MickeyySmoovee for this YouTube posting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pymMitMa4LM

MotownLover
10-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Watched it. Thanks for posting! It was very well produced and thorough, IMHO, but ultimately a sad story indeed.

Methuselah2
10-28-2013, 03:59 AM
ML - Glad you got to see it. I've missed all the episodes of UNSUNG when televised, so I'm always on the lookout for them on YouTube. I was very glad author Peter Benjaminson was included on the show, and was also happy that Brenda Holloway was, too.

rrussi
10-30-2013, 06:48 AM
Two major errors that have not been corrected since this program first aired--Herman Griffin is NOT pictured with her, that is Mickey Stevenson; the lip synced performances of Two Lovers and You Beat Me To The Punch in the library is done at a college, I believe, not a high school and it was done for Dick Clark's Where The Action Is tv program. Motown had nothing to do with it as she had already left and was on 20th Century by that time.

reese
10-30-2013, 09:54 AM
Two major errors that have not been corrected since this program first aired--Herman Griffin is NOT pictured with her, that is Mickey Stevenson; the lip synced performances of Two Lovers and You Beat Me To The Punch in the library is done at a college, I believe, not a high school and it was done for Dick Clark's Where The Action Is tv program. Motown had nothing to do with it as she had already left and was on 20th Century by that time.

As good as the UNSUNG series is, they do make major faux pas when it comes to photos.

On TV One, I did see a version where they corrected the Herman Griffin/Mickey Stevenson mix up. They inserted a photo of Herman from his Motorcity recording.

The mis-information of the WHERE THE ACTION IS footage made no sense when they first aired it, and I don't think it was ever corrected.

rrussi
10-31-2013, 08:21 AM
I agree, reese!

midnightman
10-31-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah they replaced Mickey with the real Herman when they re-aired it. Yeah they didn't correct the Where the Action Is footage either. One thing, Unsung never gets their stars straight or even the right name of where arena someone performed at. During the Shalamar episode, they claimed the group sold out Wembley Stadium [[and Dick Griffey went along with it). It was actually Wembley Arena, as Jody Watley corrected later on.