PDA

View Full Version : Quincy Jones Suing The Michael Jackson Estate Over Royalties

test

grapevine
10-26-2013, 07:01 AM
...heard this on the News this morning... http://tinyurl.com/qf5ok46 :)

Soul Sister
10-27-2013, 12:24 PM
MONEY, MONEY, MONEY..........>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> s.m.h.

splanky
10-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Technically Quincy may indeed have a point but he's making himself look like a very
selfish greedy old man right now. He and Harry Belafonte both these days...

Jerry Oz
10-27-2013, 02:10 PM
Splanky, if that is true of his motivations, what does it say about the estate and Sony? They did that on purpose and I'd do the same thing if I was him.

splanky
10-27-2013, 03:38 PM
I get your point, Jerry. I'm just wondering if the motives of the Estate and Sony are from
two different perspectives. Sony, like most record corps is obviously about paying out as
few royalties legally or illegally as possible. I don't know who the controllers of MJ's Estate
are but I'm assuming they're trying to hold on to as much of the net worth as they can...

Jerry Oz
10-27-2013, 05:17 PM
As I view the music industry, you're guilty until proven innocent in matters pertaining to stealing intellectual property. The only ones with clean hands are the artists who just got into the game and they're about to find out that if you take your eyes off of what you have on the table, somebody is going to steal it. I don't blame Jones because he should be paid for what he produced, whether it was intentional or not that the loot was withheld.