PDA

View Full Version : ~~"DOO WOP 50" ~ The First And Probably The Best Of The PBS Specials~~~

test

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
10-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Hello Everyone,

"DOO WOP 50" is now up on youtube. This is the show in its entirety. Most of you know this was the first, and probably the best, of the T.J. Lubinsky specials for PBS. I believe it was the largest fundraiser in PBS history.

This special is fantastic for any fans of vocal group harmony. If you haven't seen it, and you can sit through more than two hours of the video, it is well worth your time.

My guys Eugene Pitt & The Jive Five are featured along with many others.

~~Mary~~

http://youtu.be/OCk8c8yB2Kc

nosey
10-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Mary, I'm going to watch this tomorrow morning while I have breakfast; I'll enlarge the screen and will take it all in. Thanks!

Soul Sister
10-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Hi Nosey,
I am surprised you hadn't seen this before when it first aired on PBS.

It's always nice to see all the old acts still doing their thing, Mary.

"Dinky" [[Herman Lubinshy, Jr.) gave Jimmy a copy when he stopped by Jimmy's Concert at the Manchester Guild in Pittsburgh for a brief visit with us. That was real nice of him, he was a sweet man.

Enjoy Nosey.

:cool:,
S.S.

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
10-24-2013, 08:29 PM
You're welcome, Nosey. I know you'll love it. I have the video I bought from PBS when it first aired, and I've played it hundreds of times. Various songs from the special have been up on youtube for years, but I've never seen the entire show there before. This was taped in Pittsurgh at The Benedum in 1999. ENJOY!!

~~Mary~~

nosey
10-25-2013, 11:11 AM
I have seen those before and really enjoyed it without the pledge breaks. I've saved this to my favorites.

Soul Sister
10-25-2013, 11:51 AM
YES! Without the pledge breaks, lol, lol..................

:p,
S.S.

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
10-25-2013, 12:38 PM
YES!!! It's much better that way. Happy you enjoyed it, Nosey.:cool:

~~Mary~~

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
10-25-2013, 12:40 PM
BYW - Y.J. did two more~~""Doo Wop 51" and "Doo Wop Cavacade". I have those on tape, too.

~~Mary~~