PDA

View Full Version : RARE clip of Martha Reeves [[1977) with RARER clip of the Vandellas

test

marybrewster
10-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Stumbled across this while browsing YouTube; while the whole episode is worth watching, be sure to check out Martha Reeves singing "Heatwave" starting at [[about) 1:25:00. During her performance, there is a great [[short!) clip of Martha, Roz and Betty from "1963" [[which clearly is incorrect).

Either way, I've never seen either clip before. Does anyone know where the Vandellas performance comes from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uar3yqBnN24

marybrewster
10-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Also: be sure to check out the Shirelles at [[about) 11:00.

reese
10-24-2013, 10:38 AM
I remember when this program originally aired. I watched it mainly to see Martha and was tired of waiting for her.

I would assume that both of the Vandellas clips are from Dick Clark's WHERE THE ACTION IS.

BTW: I think a longer version of the HEAT WAVE clip can be seen in the program JOHN LENNON'S JUKEBOX.

marv2
10-24-2013, 11:10 AM
I remember when this program originally aired. I watched it mainly to see Martha and was tired of waiting for her.

I would assume that both of the Vandellas clips are from Dick Clark's WHERE THE ACTION IS.

BTW: I think a longer version of the HEAT WAVE clip can be seen in the program JOHN LENNON'S JUKEBOX.

The clip of them singing Dancing in the Streets was filmed a top of the Roostertail on the Detroit River. This show use to come on WXYZ Channel 7 in Detroit.