PDA

View Full Version : The Miracles and.............."Love Machine"! American Bandstand.

test

marv2
10-18-2013, 07:17 PM
Saw this and just had to share it! Great memory here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRi3R0wcSfA

mr_june
10-24-2013, 01:44 PM
I never noticed the Miracles cool dance steps till this song and "Do It" came out. Was it one of the group who came up with the choreography? Two great post Smokey, songs.

marv2
10-24-2013, 06:13 PM
I never noticed the Miracles cool dance steps till this song and "Do It" came out. Was it one of the group who came up with the choreography? Two great post Smokey, songs.

I am not sure who came up with the choregraphy, but it looks like the work of Cholly Atkins to me.

thomas96
10-24-2013, 06:23 PM
So funny watching this and then the early Motortown revues with them stumbling around the stage.

marv2
10-24-2013, 06:30 PM
So funny watching this and then the early Motortown revues with them stumbling around the stage.

Yeah ,the Miracles were never in the league of say The Pips when it came to the footwork LOL!

stephanie
10-25-2013, 09:13 AM
It was good to finally hear the other Miracles and see them up front.

REDHOT
10-25-2013, 09:51 AM
I love The Miracles hit, Love Machine,Love Machine is The biggest hit record,The Miracles ever had,it even out sold any record,when Smokey was the lead singer of The Miracles,you're the man Billy Griffin,Please stay positive

marv2
10-30-2013, 09:31 PM
I love The Miracles hit, Love Machine,Love Machine is The biggest hit record,The Miracles ever had,it even out sold any record,when Smokey was the lead singer of The Miracles,you're the man Billy Griffin,Please stay positive

Hey! That's right! "Love Machine" was the Miracles biggest hit.

mr_june
10-31-2013, 09:03 AM
Anyone know what Billy is up to these days?

thisoldheart
11-01-2013, 02:58 AM
the miracles without smokey just never worked for me. i could take the temptations with dennis edwards until eddie kendricks ducked out. the only group that held it together after their lead singer left was the terrell lead supremes, but after jean left i was not impressed. the video here of the miracles is the antithesis of everything i liked about the smokey led miracles. it hurts to watch this much unnecessary movement. the miracles were about economy!

REDHOT
11-01-2013, 06:47 AM
To each his own,i like The Miracles even more,with Billy Griffin as lead singer,don't get me wrong,it's not that i don't like Smokey,but The Miracles needed something new,and Billy Griffin was it,DON'T CHA LOVE IT,lol Please stay positive

marv2
11-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Anyone know what Billy is up to these days?

I know that he is still writing. I use to chat with him in recent years.

mr_june
11-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Thanks Marv.