PDA

View Full Version : The Return of TLC

test

soulballad
10-17-2013, 12:47 PM
These ladies along with En Vogue Ruled the 90s. They are celebrating their 20th anniversary with a VH1 Bio doc on 10/21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ-ARR-7nUQ

soulballad
10-17-2013, 12:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXSHxWJnjHI

jobeterob
10-17-2013, 01:02 PM
Also their new movie is out with Evan Ross in the role of Dallas Austin.

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
10-17-2013, 02:38 PM
I like these girls. I can't wait to see the doc/drama on VH1 and I wish them all the best for a bright future.

~~Mary~~

glencro
10-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Did anyone watch the movie. I missed it but I will definitely be watching it as it will be airing quite often on VH-1. I hear that Pebbles is already talking about suing over the way that she was portrayed in it.

glencro
10-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Did anyone watch the movie. I missed it but I will definitely be watching it as it will be airing quite often on VH-1. I hear that Pebbles is already talking about suing over the way that she was portrayed in it.

soulballad
10-25-2013, 06:51 AM
I was able to catch it. It was actually pretty good imo. I felt bad over how Crystal Jones was dumped [[the original C in TLC) It pretty much played out scenes of what was portrayed about them in the media along with a few unknown facts [[ I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it. Lisa's character was given a little more depth and the actress that portrayed her was great. In fact they all were great. Evan Ross is maturing as an actor as well. He portrayed Dallas Austin[[Chili's player boyfriend). They didn't really go into how deeply Lisa went into being spiritual [[which was covered in the last days of Lisa) The movie was 2.5 hours long, so they fit as much as they could and they did comment on how so many things had to be cut out because of time restraints. over all it was good and I think as a bio-pic it did what they set out to do. Pebbles was an astute business woman in the movie but she was not portrayed as a monster imo. However she did bilk them out of their earning

smark21
10-26-2013, 10:54 AM
In the aftermath of the movie, Crystal has gone onto twitter to say she did not sign the contract with LAFace and Pebbles, not because she was unable to sing, but because she read the contract Pebbles had prepared and she didn’t like it. Pebbles is also not happy in the aftermath of the movie. But who cares? She’s sleazy. For the past 10 years or so she’s promoting herself as an evangelist, Sister Perri, and tried to pray Whitney Houston out of her crack addiction. Didn’t really work. I’ve also read that Pebbles’ cousin Cherrelle, whose albums I enjoyed in the late 80s, also fell into drug addiction, a damn shame.

splanky
10-26-2013, 01:19 PM
I first became aware of TLC from seeing them in the Kid and Play House Party movie. Was not at all impressed nor did I think they had much of a future. Fast forward a couple of years and my brother throws Crazy Sexy Cool at me. Suddenly I'm infatuated. Fast forward again
to Left Eye's death and I'm broken hearted. There is a lot of stuff that happened in between
all of that I've never known or only vaguely been aware of. I know Lisa once dated some
athelete and set his house, or was it his clothes[[?) on fire. Read something like that in Vibe
magazine. I don't know the whole history of this group so I'm hoping this gets to dvd one day
but from what I'm seeing in the press it's not getting the greatest reviews...
Anyway, are you talking about Cherelle who used to duet with Alexander O'Neal [[sic) ,
smark? I hadn't heard that but if it's true it is a damn shame because honey could blow...

smark21
10-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Yes, it’s the same Cherrelle who sang with Alexander O’Neal. She and Pebbles are cousins and it’s alleged that in the early 00’s, Cherrelle and Whitney had become crack smoking buddies.

Lisa Left Eye Lopes burned down her boyfriend’s mansion after a violent argument. Her boyfriend played for the Atlanta Falcons of the NFL. The rap she wrote for Waterfalls was written during the period when she was standing trial for Arson. I’m sure if you go to youtube or VH1’s site, you can find the Behind the Music special that TLC did back in 1999. It’s one of the best of the series.

smark21
10-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Lisa Left Eye Lopes breaking it down on TLC could sell 10 million albums and be broke:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E92q9pYnaYo

splanky
10-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Thanks, smark. I will check that out. I remember some others trying to copy her style but
Miss Lisa was one of a kind. Still miss her......

FloBallardFan2017
06-22-2017, 11:20 PM
One fact that has never been really publicized too much is that Lisa set his shoes on fire in the bathtub, which unknown to Lisa, was made out of fiberglass type material, which is very flammable. Lisa was angry because Rison had beaten her very badly, leaving her face bruised up, so she though she'd get back at him by having a sneaker BBQ. Lisa never intended to burn the house down, Sad that so many non TLC fans only remember Lisa for this incident and her tragic passing. R.I.P "Left-Eye"......

marv2
06-25-2017, 01:14 PM
One fact that has never been really publicized too much is that Lisa set his shoes on fire in the bathtub, which unknown to Lisa, was made out of fiberglass type material, which is very flammable. Lisa was angry because Rison had beaten her very badly, leaving her face bruised up, so she though she'd get back at him by having a sneaker BBQ. Lisa never intended to burn the house down, Sad that so many non TLC fans only remember Lisa for this incident and her tragic passing. R.I.P "Left-Eye"......

I sold fiberglass insulation years ago. It is not flammable.