View Full Version : Mary Wells - These Arms

test

midnightman
10-28-2010, 06:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObaekiawH44

From 1981.

randy_russi
10-29-2010, 11:37 AM
It was the lead track on the In & Out Of Love lp on Epic. I don't know who chose the title for the lp, but it was one
of the better tracks. She's really singing! I don't really like this lp as it was produced at a time when the singer
really wasn't in the spotlight, just the overall sound. It was very disco inspired, however, These Arms was issued
on a 12-inch, but really didn't sound good in the clubs as its not really a dance track.

midnightman
10-29-2010, 02:52 PM
It was the lead track on the In & Out Of Love lp on Epic. I don't know who chose the title for the lp, but it was one
of the better tracks. She's really singing! I don't really like this lp as it was produced at a time when the singer
really wasn't in the spotlight, just the overall sound. It was very disco inspired, however, These Arms was issued
on a 12-inch, but really didn't sound good in the clubs as its not really a dance track.

I know right? This was more aimed at the adult contemporary market I think. Epic really dropped the ball on that entire album from the title to the way the songs were produced.

randy_russi
10-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Yes, and even though I liked the cover photo I thought the graphics weren't right. Her name isn't real clear in the white
swirly lettering.