PDA

View Full Version : Flos looking great during current australian tour

test

supremester
10-13-2013, 11:46 PM
https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/q79/s720x720/1379938_10200350749684998_1756131812_n.jpg

jillfoster
10-14-2013, 12:43 AM
Did someone hit their skirts with a weed eater?

Methuselah2
10-14-2013, 02:39 AM
They remind me of a beautiful dish of sherbet/sorbet--cool and refreshing and delicious! They look terrific, and the dresses are fanciful and lovely on them. Enjoyed the photo very much, Supremester. Thanks.

supremester
10-14-2013, 02:42 AM
Yes: Blood Orange, Organic Raspberry & Wild Strawberry! They have other new gowns as well and are recording.

blueskies
10-14-2013, 08:48 AM
They look great and I think Joyce was a good addition to the group.

marybrewster
10-14-2013, 09:02 AM
They are playing a bingo hall? Yikes.

I love the dresses though; I wonder what Stephen Woods will name them? LOL.

Roberta75
10-14-2013, 12:13 PM
These ladies look real pretty and are working. Lets keep this thread respectful and free of insults.

Roberta

supremester
10-14-2013, 01:36 PM
They might be playing a bingo hall, but it's probably a big one as they can afford to bring The Flos and entourage around the world to get there. Miss Ross grossed 378,000 in 2007 at a bingo hall.........

motony
10-14-2013, 01:37 PM
with Scherrie[[ a real Supreme) in the group, that can't go wrong!

bradsupremes
10-14-2013, 01:39 PM
I love the dresses though; I wonder what Stephen Woods will name them? LOL.

He would call them "Sweet Starlight Sherbet." That's because that's what the original sketching has them named! The designer gave them to him for his collection.

jobeterob
10-14-2013, 01:41 PM
They might be playing a bingo hall, but it's probably a big one as they can afford to bring The Flos and entourage around the world to get there. Miss Ross grossed 378,000 in 2007 at a bingo hall.........

The FLOS and the Supremes that went solo, outside of Diana Ross, are not hit acts. They sing her songs but they are not the voices on the hits and they did not have hits of their own.

Some of the tribute acts sounds more like Diana Ross than the FLOS or Mary Wilson do.

All of the acts are old. If they are playing bingo halls or retirement centres, good for them. They are lucky to be working.

Roberta75
10-14-2013, 02:10 PM
with Scherrie[[ a real Supreme) in the group, that can't go wrong!

Come on now motony Miss Linda Lawrence is also a real Supreme.

Roberta

midnightman
10-14-2013, 03:00 PM
The FLOS and the Supremes that went solo, outside of Diana Ross, are not hit acts. They sing her songs but they are not the voices on the hits and they did not have hits of their own.

Some of the tribute acts sounds more like Diana Ross than the FLOS or Mary Wilson do.

All of the acts are old. If they are playing bingo halls or retirement centres, good for them. They are lucky to be working.

Exactly. Plus the women are all approaching 70, we shouldn't be expecting them to perform at some big venue or arena at this point. That was all in the past. If they're performing anywhere and getting money, more power to them.

motony
10-14-2013, 03:08 PM
my bad, Roberta...you are so right. I guess I was thinking of "lead singers".I would love to see them as I love Scherrie's voice.

Roberta75
10-14-2013, 04:03 PM
my bad, Roberta...you are so right. I guess I was thinking of "lead singers".I would love to see them as I love Scherrie's voice.

No worries my dear.

Fondly,

Roberta

marv2
10-14-2013, 05:15 PM

hehehehehehehehehehehe...........................! !!

smark21
10-14-2013, 08:19 PM
A new FLOS clip has been uploaded to youtube in the past day or two. Not sure if it's from the current tour, but here they are performing Baby Love with Joyce on lead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-5o0M8_sbQ

supremester
10-14-2013, 11:35 PM
they sound Supremey on this - they have the feel of the song. I saw Joyce do a killer Come See About Me - it was the highlight of the show. These are older gowns, I believe. I love seeing a trio doing a real Baby Love.

StuBass1
10-15-2013, 01:24 AM
Love my girl Joyce. Glad they're doing well...

jobeterob
10-15-2013, 01:31 AM
Very well done. Thanks for the video.

marybrewster
10-15-2013, 08:46 AM

No need to get your panties in a bunch, darling. I was just stating the obvious. When you pose in front of a bingo board, you are just ASKING for comments.

But I'm curious: why bring Miss Ross into this? It's like comparing apples to oranges. You certainly don't think the FLOs grossed $378,000.00 for this gig?

marybrewster
10-15-2013, 08:50 AM
For anyone that has ever seen the FLOs perform, do they ever add any Supremes [[or Dawn) songs to their set that these ladies actually sung on? Like "Bad Weather", "He's My Man".....? It seems they might add a little more legitimacy to the group.

And honey, I am not dogging the FLOs, so let's just get that straight. I love me some Supremes; EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM, so please put down the defense baton.

supremester
10-16-2013, 03:25 AM
Because the world revolves around Miss Ross! No, I don't suggest they grossed a third of a mil - was just pointing out that bingo halls can be very profitable - depending on the bingo hall. I don't know why we are discussing this [[send me your cell # and I'll text a snap showing quite unbunched, but lovely just the same, orange lace panties with lime butterflies enjoying their day) as The Flos in the pic I posted are posing in front of a Keno board in some sort of storage area that I guess is near their dressing room. I'm just glad someone is out there doing a Supremes act and that real Supremes are doing it. They have had some great gigs this year and I'm very happy for them as I am all Supremes who get the amount of work they want. The market is drying up for most acts around in the 60's.
No need to get your panties in a bunch, darling. I was just stating the obvious. When you pose in front of a bingo board, you are just ASKING for comments.

But I'm curious: why bring Miss Ross into this? It's like comparing apples to oranges. You certainly don't think the FLOs grossed $378,000.00 for this gig?