PDA

View Full Version : You Bring Back Memories

test

floyjoy678
10-12-2013, 11:52 AM
What does everyone think of this song off of "Meet the Supremes"? I've always loved it. I like the mono version better than the stereo version. I remember my sister thought it was Florence singing lead at first since we could hear Diana singing in the background [[It's okay for the longest time I thought Florence did the lead on Let Me Go the Right Way). This is one of those songs where Diana and Florence blend so well together. I also noticed that Diana is singing the top harmony in the background while Florence sings the middle harmony, don't hear that too much.

robb_k
10-12-2013, 08:59 PM
It also was released as a single on Motown 1040. I like the song a lot. It was one of their best early recordings.

supremester
10-12-2013, 10:53 PM
I love this record to death [[and most of the album as well.) I definitely feel it shooda been the A-Side although I have a lot of admiration for the girls to garner enough muster to sing MHCTINM on stage anywhere - let alone The Apollo. I have always felt that The No Hit Supremes would have been much more successful if the first 5 singles' A-Sides had been the flip instead. My fave Smokey track on them.

mowest
10-13-2013, 12:51 AM
Hadn't heard it before but I like it because Diana, Mary and Flo are a real "trio" on this recording unlike what happened later in their career. The song does sound like something the Marvelettes would have recorded.

rrussi
10-14-2013, 04:10 AM
I always liked it as I had the 45rpm, which I bought for about 39 cents in 1963. I too think it would've been a better choice for the A side.