PDA

View Full Version : Smokey & Motown Requests this Sunday Night

test

tjl
10-11-2013, 07:22 AM
Hi guys:

I wanted to share with you that the my radio show this Sunday [[wjrz.com) and 100.1-FM WJRZ is featuring lots of Motown . I'll be doing something special this Sunday night, featuring a more recent interview I did with Smokey that goes was beyond music and talks about the things that connect us in life, from parables to poetry to spirituality, and his influences from the R&B pioneers that inspired him. It is a very special interview that I haven't been able to play or feature before on TV or radio before - - as it's really about bigger things in life that connect us all through music.

The Sunday Night Request Show is all request and live for five-hours from 7pm - 12am EST this week, I really hope SD fans will call-in with your favorite Motown memory and Motown hit, album cut, b-side or should have been hit featuring Motown artists.

I'll also be giving away some of our Motown cd's from my tv specials once every hour. Playing some special mixes from the sets [[and some that didn't make it to the sets) from our "Motown: Big Hits & More" project last year and some mixes that didn't make it to that set as deadlines were tight.

I really hope SD and Motown experts on this forum will tune in and take part in the show this week. I also hope you'll call-in your requests and share favorite Motown memories, toll free at 1-855-331-8293 or locally at 732-505-1001 in New Jersey.

It's so great when we can hear each others voices.

So please join me on the radio this week especially - we'll be sharing memories from the tv shows we've made with Motown artists, playing some rare live cuts from the shows as well, and looking to play more then just the big hits with your requests for your favorite Motown tunes this Sunday night from 7pm-12am on wjrz.com [[and I-Heart radio ap).

Warmest;
- tj

RossHolloway
10-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Sounds like it's going to be a good show. Hopefully I can tune in for a bit on Sunday.

tjl
10-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Thanks Ross - most importantly, try to call-in - - it's truly programmed 100 by caller requests.

Hope to hear your voice - warmest;
- tj