PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Wilson [[1934-1984) - TV Coverage Of His Funeral [[8 Mins.)

test

Methuselah2
10-09-2013, 02:10 AM
Happened to stumble across this news footage of this sad event. [[The clip alternates back and forth with news of Michael Jackson's Pepsi commercial accident.)

Thank you to MusicandDancing4Ever for this YouTube posting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75gqwwZSOmc

[[I've duplicated this post on the Motown Forum, as well.)

marv2
10-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Here is a great follow up to the story done by ABC on "20/20" in 1984:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb9y1PTqa4c

Soul Sister
10-09-2013, 12:29 PM
As ususal reporters never quite get the facts straight. No need to look at the 20/20 story since I saw it when it first aired.

I met Jackie through Alonzo Tucker and one of my BFF's who went with Jack for 9 years. We had great fun with him, at his wonderful shows, he was a complicated man. I will never forget his speaking voice and the sexy way he had when he spoke to you. His voice was pure. Jackie had one of the best stage shows in the 60's along with James Brown, no one gave a better performance. I was lucky to be at many of those shows front row center and backstage.

Jack Leroy "Sonny" Wilson ~ a.k.a. Mr. Excitement ~

Photo not for reproduction without my permission.
c. Jeanie Scott

S.S.

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
10-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Very interesting!!!! Thank you Methuselah2, Marv2 & Soul Sister for your posts.

I had not seen thee 1984 20/20 report. Just watched it and was sickened by the typical story of how artists were cheated. It's an indictment on how cruel and unfair the music industry has always been.

I'm grateful we have Jackie's music. He will always be one of the most talented and exciting performers to ever grace this planet.

~~Mary~~

imnokid
10-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Thanx for these. VERY enjoyable. Reminds me why I first joined this site all those years ago.

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
10-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Thanx for these. VERY enjoyable. Reminds me why I first joined this site all those years ago.

Agreed, Imnokid. It's nce to see a positive thread about the artists we love. The old forum had lots of great threads like this one, and some very knowledgable people as well. I'm happy to see a few of them back, like Soul Sister.

~~Mary~~