PDA

View Full Version : Has everything in the vault been catalogued?

test

rovereab
10-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Reading the thread about Tammi's version of I'll Turn To Stone I am left wondering if there are still masters in the vault [[for any artist or group) that have not yet been catalogued?

Does anyone know please?

bradsupremes
10-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Discoveries are still being made. Andy and George have said the session and tape logos may say one thing, but when the tape plays it's another. One would really have to sit down and listen to every track on every tape to find and make the appropriate corrections Motown forgot to fill in.

BayouMotownMan
10-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Andy and Harry stumbled across the Jean Supremes version of Walk With Me, Talk With Me Darling which was included on the 70s Anthology

I ♥ The Supremes and Temptations
10-08-2013, 08:42 PM
It would be nice to hear some unreleased music from the Temptations.
We hardly hear a thing from them.

thomas96
10-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Until every single tape is gone through, no. And that will take years.

Roger Polhill
10-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Send them to me and I`ll through them free of charge.

thomas96
10-08-2013, 10:48 PM

I know, right!

RossHolloway
10-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Preach MJ!!!!!!

soulster
10-09-2013, 12:53 AM
I'll second that! They are my absolute favorite Motown group.

kje71
10-09-2013, 01:34 AM
Oh, what I would give to listen to all the multitrack tapes

144man
10-09-2013, 04:41 AM

Last I heard, there wasn't anything known left on the Temptations, so any future releases would have to be new finds.

144man
10-09-2013, 04:42 AM

You'll have to get in line first:)

Hotspurman
10-09-2013, 06:25 AM
You'll have to get in line first:)https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiqtRTJxLfC8l4HXCXqsOq2RdHPEb1Z 3h4aS0HUer0Tbm0LbQPfA

Which one are you - I reckon I'm about 250th in this line....

I ♥ The Supremes and Temptations
10-09-2013, 07:10 PM
So are you saying that there's no more unreleased music from the Temptations?
Everything has been released? Wow!, if that's true.
Last I heard, there wasn't anything known left on the Temptations, so any future releases would have to be new finds.

RossHolloway
10-09-2013, 07:51 PM
I no longer have my Emperors of Soul box set on the Temptations, but if my memory serves me correct, I don't recall any unreleased tracks after 68/69 and that also goes for their Lost and Found set. Does anyone else find it odd/strange/curious that the Temps did not have ANY vaulted tracks, while MR & the Vandella's can have 150+ unreleased tracks?? Is it also plausible that Jr Walker & the Allstars also have no unreleased tracks from the 1970's?

rod_rick
10-09-2013, 09:06 PM
I no longer have my Emperors of Soul box set on the Temptations, but if my memory serves me correct, I don't recall any unreleased tracks after 68/69 and that also goes for their Lost and Found set. Does anyone else find it odd/strange/curious that the Temps did not have ANY vaulted tracks, while MR & the Vandella's can have 150+ unreleased tracks?? Is it also plausible that Jr Walker & the Allstars also have no unreleased tracks from the 1970's?
Ross
I wonder if Norman Whitfield has/had control over any vaulted Temptations tracks. They were constantly touring where as Martha Reeves wasn't in the 70's

Hotspurman
10-10-2013, 05:34 AM
Based on what I've read about The Temptations, and I would assume the same holds true for Junior Walker & The All Stars and a couple of other artists, they were on the road so often [[the Temptations invariably did some 300+ dates a year) that recording sessions were done on the run, so to speak. Also, after the disaster that was the House Party album, I'm sure The Temptations themselves wouldn't have wanted large quantities of unused tracks.

no_place_like_motown
10-10-2013, 08:55 AM

RH:

The Emperors Of Soul box set included one unreleased track after 68/69, "My Kinda Woman" which was an outtake from their "Special" LP from 1989 w/ Ollie Woodson on lead.

The Temptations' 25th Anniversary set, issued in 1986, included three early-mid 70's unrelesaed tracks: "Come To Me", "Soulmate" and "Thanks To You".

I've also heard about the Tempts not having any more vaulted tracks a few years back; if you recall late last year Motown issued unreleased songs as MP3's on the Tempts via I-Tunes/Amazon under "Motown Unreleased 1962: Guys, Vol. 2". Me thinks that there are still some unissued songs somewhere in those vaults!

edafan
10-10-2013, 11:01 AM
This is too good a straight line to pass up.

The title of this thread is wrong.

Has everything in the vault been catalogued?

It should be:

Has everyone who has been catalogued put into a vault.

edafan

Motown4Ever518
10-10-2013, 04:48 PM
RH:

The Emperors Of Soul box set included one unreleased track after 68/69, "My Kinda Woman" which was an outtake from their "Special" LP from 1989 w/ Ollie Woodson on lead.

The Temptations' 25th Anniversary set, issued in 1986, included three early-mid 70's unrelesaed tracks: "Come To Me", "Soulmate" and "Thanks To You".

I've also heard about the Tempts not having any more vaulted tracks a few years back; if you recall late last year Motown issued unreleased songs as MP3's on the Tempts via I-Tunes/Amazon under "Motown Unreleased 1962: Guys, Vol. 2". Me thinks that there are still some unissued songs somewhere in those vaults!

Will we ever see the "Motown Unreleased 1962: Guys, Vol. 2", on hard copy?

Roger Polhill
10-10-2013, 05:25 PM
If I can download it and produce it on CD then anyone can. The recordings aren`t that sophisticated but well worth having.

thomas96
10-10-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm sure there are still dozens of unreleased Temps tracks.