PDA

View Full Version : A Good-bye From DICK'S DIANA ROSS WEBSITE

test

Methuselah2
10-05-2013, 01:31 AM
http://raketler.angelfire.com/

Very sorry to see this notice posted on Dick's wonderful website. I enjoyed so much what Dick created and developed and maintained. It was a great destination that will be greatly missed. Many, many thanks to Dick for all his terrific work.

Roberta75
10-05-2013, 02:01 AM
http://raketler.angelfire.com/

Very sorry to see this notice posted on Dick's wonderful website. I enjoyed so much what Dick created and developed and maintained. It was a great destination that will be greatly missed. Many, many thanks to Dick for all his terrific work.

Whos Dick. Is he a member here?

fondly,

Roberta

Methuselah2
10-05-2013, 03:00 AM
Roberta - I don't know if Dick's an SDF member. But he's an ardent fan of Ross. And he created what I thought was an exceptional website of news & views as they pertained to all-things-Ross. His site provided a great deal of enjoyment.

milven
10-05-2013, 08:31 AM
He maintained, what I thought was a most comprehensive site with all sorts of Diana Ross info, pictures and happenings. He also included happenings of other Supremes.

A few years ago, he lost his grandchildren [[I think in a fire) and he suspended his site for a while. Diana Ross reached out to him and helped console him during his grief.

Eventually, his site returned, but quite honestly, I have not been there for quite a while.

But I remember the love and devotion that he put into the site. Everyone says that they are Diana's biggest fan. But I think that Dick was , in fact, Diana's biggest fan.

Good luck to Dick. And thanks.

ejluther
10-05-2013, 09:08 AM
I'm so sorry for his loss and also enjoyed his site...

Roberta75
10-05-2013, 11:54 AM
He maintained, what I thought was a most comprehensive site with all sorts of Diana Ross info, pictures and happenings. He also included happenings of other Supremes.

A few years ago, he lost his grandchildren [[I think in a fire) and he suspended his site for a while. Diana Ross reached out to him and helped console him during his grief.

Eventually, his site returned, but quite honestly, I have not been there for quite a while.

But I remember the love and devotion that he put into the site. Everyone says that they are Diana's biggest fan. But I think that Dick was , in fact, Diana's biggest fan.

Good luck to Dick. And thanks.

I am so sorry to hear about his personal loss. theres nothing worse than losing a child. My prayers go out to him. That was real nice of Diane Ross to reach out and console him. God bless him.

jobeterob
10-05-2013, 12:10 PM
After the fire in which both his grandchildren died, Diana Ross called him and sent him flowers, I think.

In addition to his site closing, I've heard many of the Yahoo Fan Groups have been migrating to Facebook. That's where all the action is. I'm not sure why this is happening. Facebook has it's own rules and they will take things down and remove the group I gather.

On Facebook, there are a lot of unusual and rare Diana Ross pictures going up.

midnightman
10-05-2013, 06:48 PM
That was one of the best Diana Ross sites around. Sad to see it go. He was [[and is) such a devoted DR fan.

That was nice of Diana to do that for him after his tragedy.

I ♥ The Supremes and Temptations
10-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Terrible news! ugh
I really loved that site and I had no clue that Diana did that. So sweet.

skooldem1
10-06-2013, 09:22 PM
I remember him writing this story. I believe she called and also sent a floral arrangement to the funeral home. It was very nice of Diana to reach out to him. Mr. Dick has gone through some things in recent years. I hope he knows that people appreciated his website.

johnbell
10-06-2013, 09:47 PM
This was by far the BEST website that I know about Diana Ross. Up to date almost everyday, tour dates, new releases, press articles [[about her or other Supremes' members), pics, recents or new, discography.

We gonna miss you Dick

But Thanks and good luck

warehserat2911
10-07-2013, 04:49 AM
Dick's Diana Ross website was a great place to go for Diana Ross news. I know that Dick has gone thru a lot of things in his life including the devastating loss of his grandchildren in a fire. He mentioned how Diana personally called him and sent flowers to the funeral home. I thought that was a very classy gesture. I will miss his website immensely.