PDA

View Full Version : Motown Ladies etc at Skegness uk

test

honest man
10-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Hello people just returned from Northern Soul Weekender where Martha ,Brenda,Chris Clark,Tommy Hunt,Dean Parrish,Sidney Barnes ,Geno Washington appeared brilliant time had BUT did anyone else watch it, Martha Reeves picked me ,just me from 5-8,000 people to join her on stage, [unbelievable ]i did not get any photos and wondered if anyone caught it,im desperate so please if so will you post,also the next night Brenda held my hand while singing My Guy,what a weekend i had .AMAZING.Cheers.

RossHolloway
10-01-2013, 03:26 PM
You're one lucky man!

motony
10-01-2013, 03:28 PM
wow, I know you had a great time!What a fabulous show!Brenda Holloway & Carolyn Crawford loves Mary Wells...not as much as I do.

honest man
10-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Motony was you there,brilliant time i also got Martha to do a request Bless you , she was-is excellent.

theboyfromxtown
10-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Honest man. Glad you had a good time.

I've seen a few videos on youtube but none of Martha, Brenda or CC yet. There is the finale but it only features Brenda, Sidney Barnes, Dean Parrish and Tommy Hunt singing Do I Love You.

Calv1971
10-01-2013, 06:09 PM
I was there to and loved every minute of it, great to hear just Motown and Northern playing all day long in the various parts of Butlins, it was so good to see so much appreciation for the artists. Chris did a fab version of "Just my imagination" saying that she would only ever be doing that number there, hopefully she changes her mind and even records it. Dean Parrish did a great version of "Do l love you". Couldn't believe that Tommy Hunt is 80 years old, he looks good! Martha included "One way out", "Quicksand" "No one there" "In my lonely room" in her act, the only thing l wish she would now change is the finale for "Dancing in the street" where we are given a trip down memory lane with a lot of the 60's dance crazes, it seems to go on too long, she could perform the whole of the "Black Magic album in the time this tribute takes.

Roberta75
10-01-2013, 06:24 PM
I was there to and loved every minute of it, great to hear just Motown and Northern playing all day long in the various parts of Butlins, it was so good to see so much appreciation for the artists. Chris did a fab version of "Just my imagination" saying that she would only ever be doing that number there, hopefully she changes her mind and even records it. Dean Parrish did a great version of "Do l love you". Couldn't believe that Tommy Hunt is 80 years old, he looks good! Martha included "One way out", "Quicksand" "No one there" "In my lonely room" in her act, the only thing l wish she would now change is the finale for "Dancing in the street" where we are given a trip down memory lane with a lot of the 60's dance crazes, it seems to go on too long, she could perform the whole of the "Black Magic album in the time this tribute takes.

honestman glad you had such a great time at the motown concert and real happy that the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves pulled you up on stage to be with her. What a thrill. Calv1971 when you consider that Dancing in the Streets is one of Motowns biggest hits and the song thats most assocciated with Motown records imo you cant blame Miss Reeves for doing an a real long version of it.

Fondly,

Roberta

honest man
10-02-2013, 05:17 AM
Thank You ,JohnXtown and anyyone else would you check Facebook etc for me please i am not a member on any of the media sites PLEASE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.

jsmith
10-02-2013, 06:11 AM
The finale ... Sidney looked to be enjoying himself ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm_bQayD-yU

theboyfromxtown
10-02-2013, 06:22 AM
John...Is that true that Tommy is 80 years young!

Calv1971
10-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Yes it is true, l was quite amazed, it states his date of birth on the first page of his autobiography.

luke
10-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Ok now dont jump all over me but who is Sidney?

Roberta75
10-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Ok now dont jump all over me but who is Sidney?

Sidney Branes is a real famous singer songwriter and producer who work with marvin and Minnie Ripperton and van McCoy and Denese William and Parliment Funkadelic to name a few. Hes a legend.

Roberta

MIKEW-UK
10-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Here's a favourite....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUxCHhRQfEs

MIKEW-UK
10-02-2013, 01:09 PM
And what firmly established his name in the UK......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WrnR9kupKk