PDA

View Full Version : Another 'spoken part' question

test

psychedelic jacques
09-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Following on from the Marvelettes thread, does anyone have any idea who does the spoken part on the Vells 'you'll never cherish a love so true' - it's in the mid part of the song [[c. 1.30-2.00) with one of the V[[and)ells echoing Gloria W's lyrics in spoken form.

It doesn't sound like Martha to my ears - could it be Gloria herself, or Roz or Annette? Or someone else for that matter. Any ideas?

smark21
09-25-2013, 08:38 PM
It's Gladys Horton

Roberta75
09-25-2013, 09:57 PM
It's Gladys Horton

Are you sure cause I think its skeeter Davis. I think Frances needs to write Vaughen Thornton to confirm if its his mom.

Roberta

psychedelic jacques
09-26-2013, 11:09 AM
i was asking a serious question.

theboyfromxtown
09-26-2013, 11:38 AM
Psychedelic Jacques

It doesn't sound like Martha to me but this Youtube poster believes it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACrIhLbWaTU

motown_david
09-29-2013, 11:58 AM
Following on from the Marvelettes thread, does anyone have any idea who does the spoken part on the Vells 'you'll never cherish a love so true' - it's in the mid part of the song [[c. 1.30-2.00) with one of the V[[and)ells echoing Gloria W's lyrics in spoken form.

It doesn't sound like Martha to my ears - could it be Gloria herself, or Roz or Annette? Or someone else for that matter. Any ideas?

Here's what Roz Holmes wrote today:
Hi David
That is me doing the talking part to that song.
Roz

psychedelic jacques
09-29-2013, 02:40 PM
thanks for taking the trouble to do that David, and please thank Roz for her response. Thanks also to you xtown, as ever.

PJ