PDA

View Full Version : Justin Timberlake nails The Jacksons

test

soulster
09-23-2013, 05:00 PM
http://www.today.com/entertainment/justin-timberlake-will-shake-your-body-perfect-jackson-5-cover-4B11235938

RossHolloway
09-23-2013, 06:01 PM
I've never been a fan nor have I ever been impressed with anything Timberlake has ever done - including this.

Roberta75
09-23-2013, 06:14 PM
http://www.today.com/entertainment/justin-timberlake-will-shake-your-body-perfect-jackson-5-cover-4B11235938

Love lit love it love it. Justin can lower my lamp any night. LOL

Roberta

marv2
09-23-2013, 06:44 PM
He cannot dance and that sucked .........in my opinion.

stephanie
09-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Soulster I agree I am not a fan of his BUT the older he has gotten I would say the last 6 or 7 years the more he has impressed me. He is really good on Sat Night Live when he is doing skits and if anyone has ever seen him do the History of Rap singing with Jimmy Fallon it is awesome all around he is good. I will take him over Robin Thicke anyday.

tsull1
09-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Painfully bad. Trying to do that Jacksons synchronation dance, he barely moves, he's like a robot. I've seen some bad dancers in my life, but wow, he's awful. Voice is OK, the backing band saves him. It's amazing how low we've dropped our standards. Wow, I mean seriously, that was horrific. Don't people have B.S. detectors anymore, or does everything warrant a standing ovation.

thomas96
09-23-2013, 09:08 PM
I've never been a fan nor have I ever been impressed with anything Timberlake has ever done - including this.

I second that. He's impressed me more as an actor than a performer, and his acting isn't even very good.

soulster
09-24-2013, 03:45 AM
Man! Such hatred of Mr. Timberlake. All the talk is about his dancing and not his singing.

Can you all tell me what it is exactly that you don't like about him?

Jerry Oz
09-24-2013, 08:02 AM
I always figured he nailed Janet, but which other Jackson did he sleep with? Okay, just kidding.

But forget the horrible choreography, I'll bet Michael Jackson himself couldn't sing that song as well in the last 10 years of his life as Timberlake did in that show. In my personal opinion, it was respectful of one of his idols and well-done, in spite of whether you like the guy who did it. And I'm ambivalent regarding him.

144man
09-24-2013, 08:11 AM
I didn't like it. He should stick to movies now. "In Time" was excellent.

marv2
09-24-2013, 09:34 AM
I second that. He's impressed me more as an actor than a performer, and his acting isn't even very good.

I don't like that after the "wardrobe malfunction" with Janet Jackson at the Super Bowl, he hung her out to dry. Left her to take most of the heat while he played totally Mr. Clean Cut innocent. That is why I do not like him and he cannot dance.

RossHolloway
09-24-2013, 10:09 AM

I find his acting to be bland as well, I had to sit thru the movie he was in with Mila Kunis. I just don't get what his appeal is to people, but God bless. I'd rather take Robin Thicke as a blue eyed soul singer any day.

JIVE FIVE Mary G.
09-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Most performers take from other performers and are influenced by them. Michael Jackson took from James Brown and Jackie Wilson, among others.

I liked JT's performance. I think it's a good thing when popular, present day artists pay tribute to those who came before. It brings attention to the older artists, and reminds some of those who pre-dated them. The new artist puts thier own spin on the song, and I don't see anything wrong with it. We may not like it as much as the original, but the old saying goes~~ "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

That's my humble opinion in this case.:o

~~Mary~~

Roberta75
09-25-2013, 05:51 PM
I don't like that after the "wardrobe malfunction" with Janet Jackson at the Super Bowl, he hung her out to dry. Left her to take most of the heat while he played totally Mr. Clean Cut innocent. That is why I do not like him and he cannot dance.

lolololol 10 years on and you still harboring a grudge. It wasnt your nipple he expose was it? heheheheheheheheheheheh

Roberta75
09-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Most performers take from other performers and are influenced by them. Michael Jackson took from James Brown and Jackie Wilson, among others.

I liked JT's performance. I think it's a good thing when popular, present day artists pay tribute to those who came before. It brings attention to the older artists, and reminds some of those who pre-dated them. The new artist puts thier own spin on the song, and I don't see anything wrong with it. We may not like it as much as the original, but the old saying goes~~ "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

That's my humble opinion in this case.:o

~~Mary~~

I like JTs performance as well JIVE MARY FIVE G. He's a real good entertainer imo.

Fondly,

Roberta

soulster
09-25-2013, 06:20 PM
lolololol 10 years on and you still harboring a grudge. It wasnt your nipple he expose was it? heheheheheheheheheheheh The way I remember it, it was all Janet's idea, and Justin didn't know the garment was going to "accidentally" rip apart and show her titty.

Roberta75
09-25-2013, 06:33 PM
The way I remember it, it was all Janet's idea, and Justin didn't know the garment was going to "accidentally" rip apart and show her titty.

And they both got a ton of publicity out of it. Ive seen Janet Jackson on stage twice and she does all but fornicate during her show so she no shrinking violet. Her S+M number with the whipping and tying up was a bit much for me to be honest but still a real good show.

Roberta

RossHolloway
09-26-2013, 03:10 PM
The way I remember it, it was all Janet's idea, and Justin didn't know the garment was going to "accidentally" rip apart and show her titty.

If you have a chance to go back and look at the performance, right before Justin rips off Janet's outfit he sings "I'll have you naked by the end of this song". So don't tell me Justin had no idea what was going to happen.

thomas96
09-26-2013, 03:13 PM
I don't think it was an "accident" at all, and everybody involved in the performance knew it was going to happen. As they used to say, any publicity is good publicity... And those two definitely took advantage of that, knowingly.

R. Mark Desjardins
09-26-2013, 03:19 PM
I don't own any Justin Timberlake recordings, but I will say that I take his performance of The Jackson's song featured above as a homage to their greatness. Same goes for all the remakes of other iconic period recordings. Very rarely does a "remake" take an original song and concept further. Hopefully young music fans who see this are interested enough in seeking out the real deal!

soulster
09-26-2013, 03:20 PM
If you have a chance to go back and look at the performance, right before Justin rips off Janet's outfit he sings "I'll have you naked by the end of this song". So don't tell me Justin had no idea what was going to happen. No, what you don't understand is that i'ts part of the original lyric to the song, written long before that incident:

Don't be so quick to walk away, dance with me
I wanna rock your body, please stay, dance with me
You don't have to admit you wanna play, dance with me
Just let me rock you 'til the break of day, dance with me
Talk to me boy, no disrespect, I don't mean no harm
Talk to me boy, but I can't wait to have you in my arms
Talk to me boy, hurry up 'cause you takin' too long
Talk to me boy, bet I'll have you naked by the end of this song
Don't be so quick to

I have the recording.

smark21
09-26-2013, 07:58 PM
I wish Timberlake and other acts would choose someone besides Michael Jackson to pay tribute to if they’re going to do covers and salutes. Jackson has had plenty of tributes over the years. There are other great artists and songs to cover and salute.

jillfoster
09-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Justin Trousersnake has NEVER impressed me still doesn't. Jay Kay would have done a much better job with that.

nosey
09-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Watched it and I enjoyed it. No world class dancer but if I were there I would have enjoyed it, especially the band. They were slamming. Justin is ok in my book.

daddyacey
09-28-2013, 12:38 AM
I am not a fan of his because.......He don't qualify as an "Honorary Brother in Soul" as say Horthorn or Jon B. talent wise. And...The Janet incident really turned me off. Scared of a titty but yet then he claims later to "bring sexy back".

soulster
09-28-2013, 02:36 AM
He don't qualify as an "Honorary Brother in Soul" as say Horthorn or Jon B. talent wise.
This among the silliest statements I have ever read on this forum.

daddyacey
09-28-2013, 10:07 PM
So....we are even

soulster
09-29-2013, 01:30 AM
So....we are even
No, we are not.

roger
09-29-2013, 03:02 AM
Watched it and I enjoyed it. No world class dancer but if I were there I would have enjoyed it, especially the band. They were slamming. Justin is ok in my book.

That is pretty much my take on this as well. I thought it was a good performance, it is just that I think THE JACKSONS did it better and more "naturally".

Roger

mr_june
10-02-2013, 02:17 PM
I just watched the video and hardly knowing anything about the guy, I was not impressed with his voice or dancing. I wonder if his band mates thinks the same thing but need that check.