PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Hatfield

test

luke
10-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Why wasnt this guy a superstar on his own? Though I love him with Bill. What a talent! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-idDbIfGvw

stephanie
10-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Bobby also did Ebb Tide on his own as well although it was labeled under the Righteous Brothers. For some reason he has always been in the shadow of Bill Medley and I dont know why. Together they were great and with the exception of Brown Eyed Woman and Peace Brother Peace Medley didnt have great solo stardom like anyone may have thought they were at their best when they were together. I think Medley having been rediscovered with Ive Had the Time of My Life may have something to do with it but when Ghost came out Bobby was rediscovered as well. Apart they were not huge I mean Medleys was a duet with Miss Warnes. Great question I wonder if they were in the shadow of the producer Spector and that is why one of them was not a solo star? I had the unique privilege of speaking with Shadow Morton 10 years ago his number was on the net I dont know how to reach him now he took it down and he even said Bobby Hatfield was underrated. My mom is a Bill Medley freak but I like both of them and felt that Bobby was ignored. It wasnt like he was just background for Bill. Lovin Feelin starts of with Bills voice but still if you listen to their music I dont see how they can be identified as solo stars especially with Hatfield having two solos under the moniker its a strange thing people identify Medley more than Hatfield.

luke
10-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Exactly-well said Stephanie!

marv2
10-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Bobby Hatfield was a beast when it come to vocalizing! He would be just as excellent solo as he was as a Righteous Brother. Great singer.

marv2
10-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Here they are on the Ed Sullivan show :
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4dbkn_the-righteous-brothers-turn-on-your_music

imnokid
10-28-2010, 01:09 AM
Bobby had a good solo album, Messin Around in Muscle Shoals

heikki
11-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Hi!

I've always liked Bobby more than Bill, although I think I have all of Bill's recordings, too - and there are many, believe me. The Righteous Brothers was the act that led me to soul music in the mid-60s. The one single by Bobby that I still don't have is "Stay With Me."

Best regards
Heikki