PDA

View Full Version : The hal awards 9-23- 2013,supreme cindy birdsong love endowment award

test

REDHOT
09-23-2013, 03:09 PM
Last night,THE HAL AWARDS,HEROES AND LEGENDS, was full of live entertainment and food,no matter what, Berry Gordy was the man of the night,that everyone LOVED,this years include,The Flamingos Terry Johnson,Chaka Khan,Troy Carter,Siedah Garrett and SUPREME Cindy Birdsong,the host was Family Matters JoMarie Payton,Terry Johson Flamingos perform they're hit I Only Have Eves For You,Claudette Robinson came to the stage,and spoke about the good old days,Thelma Houston came to the stage,singing a few bars of her her Grammy HIT,Don't Leave Me This Way, to introduce Siedah Garrett,she sang her new song[[love it),i don't remember the name of it,and also she sang with Dennis Edwards,they're hit, Don't Look Any Further,everybody was standing.a guy sang a tribute to the entertainers that passed this year,i don't remember his name,or the song,but WOW, And now SUPREME Mary Wilson was introduced,with a standing ovation,she talked a little about Cindy's Health Problems, about how Cindy was LOVED,and when she first join The Supremes some people thought she was Florence,then they showed a video of Cindy's years with The Supremes,Mary joked with Berry Gordy,saying thanks to him, she's still working today,then she talk about how she,and SUPREME Scherrie Payne and other have been helpin' Cindy doing these hard times,and Thank them,Mary introduced Cindy's son Charles Hewlett,he thanked all his mother's FAN and FRIENDS for they're financial support,for his mother,Mary ask him to explain a little about Cindy's help problem,David said that it was some mental things going on,Mary joke with David,telling him,i heard you can sang,and ask David to sang,on the spot,he really sounds good,Ray Parker came to the stage,and talk about Chaka Kahn,and showed a video,Ray sang A women Needs Love to Chaka,when Chaka Kahn came to the stage,she got a standing ovation,she talk about the things,she loved,about MOTOWN,and told Martha Reeves,how much she loved,Martha and The Vandellas hit Nathan Jones,LOL everyone said,that was The Supremes,too funny,even she laugh,Chaka said that she'd like to do a remake of Nathan Jones,Janie Bradford thank everyone for coming,and got Berry Gordy to say a few words,he talk about how he was happy to see his MOTOWN family like Blinky, and about MOTOWN THE MUSICAL,after that it seem like Martha Reeves rush the stage,she also talk about her LOVE for MOTOWN,that Mickey Stevens gave her a job,and how much she LOVE Berry Gordy,Chaka Kahn came back to the stage to sang You Got The Love,yes we were standing,Ray Parker playing with the the band,what a night,THE END
p.s Also Scholarships were giving to young people,another highlight for me was Troy Carter,who got The Triumph Award for Chairman and CEO of Atom Factory,he had his mother on stage with him, he had me teary eyes,when he spoke about his love for his mother,also in the place.the BEAUTIFUL Freda and Scherrie payne sisters,Betty Kelly,i really had a good time hanging with Martha Reeves,THANKS Martha,Please stay positive

Roberta75
09-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Sounds like you had a real fine time Miz Hollywood lol :D

Any photos you can share of the First Lady of Motown Records Miss Martha Reeves. Pretty please. :cool:

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Kamasu_Jr
09-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Interesting. Thanks.

REDHOT
09-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Sorry Roberta, i don't do picture's,there are some crazy people here lol[[not all),not because i think they will do something to me,i don't think that,i just don't want to go that far,also the man,who played Will Smith's father,on Fresh Prince,i think his name is Jame Avery was there,Please stay positive

Roberta75
09-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Sorry Roberta, i don't do picture's,there are some crazy people here lol[[not all),not because i think they will do something to me,i don't think that,i just don't want to go that far,also the man,who played Will Smith's father,on Fresh Prince,i think his name is Jame Avery was there,Please stay positive

I understand my dear. Glad you had a good time and met all the stars especially the first Lady of Motown Records Miss Martha Reeves.

Fondly.

Roberta

rod_rick
09-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Last night,THE HAL AWARDS,HEROES AND LEGENDS, was full of live entertainment and food,no matter what, Berry Gordy was the man of the night,that everyone LOVED,this years include,The Flamingos Terry Johnson,Chaka Khan,Troy Carter,Siedah Garrett and SUPREME Cindy Birdsong,the host was Family Matters JoMarie Payton,Terry Johson Flamingos perform they're hit I Only Have Eves For You,Claudette Robinson came to the stage,and spoke about the good old days,Thelma Houston came to the stage,singing a few bars of her her Grammy HIT,Don't Leave Me This Way, to introduce Siedah Garrett,she sang her new song[[love it),i don't remember the name of it,and also she sang with Dennis Edwards,they're hit, Don't Look Any Further,everybody was standing.a guy sang a tribute to the entertainers that passed this year,i don't remember his name,or the song,but WOW, And now SUPREME Mary Wilson was introduced,with a standing ovation,she talked a little about Cindy's Health Problems, about how Cindy was LOVED,and when she first join The Supremes some people thought she was Florence,then they showed a video of Cindy's years with The Supremes,Mary joked with Berry Gordy,saying thanks to him, she's still working today,then she talk about how she,and SUPREME Scherrie Payne and other have been helpin' Cindy doing these hard times,and Thank them,Mary introduced Cindy's son Charles Hewlett,he thanked all his mother's FAN and FRIENDS for they're financial support,for his mother,Mary ask him to explain a little about Cindy's help problem,David said that it was some mental things going on,Mary joke with David,telling him,i heard you can sang,and ask David to sang,on the spot,he really sounds good,Ray Parker came to the stage,and talk about Chaka Kahn,and showed a video,Ray sang A women Needs Love to Chaka,when Chaka Kahn came to the stage,she got a standing ovation,she talk about the things,she loved,about MOTOWN,and told Martha Reeves,how much she loved,Martha and The Vandellas hit Nathan Jones,LOL everyone said,that was The Supremes,too funny,even she laugh,Chaka said that she'd like to do a remake of Nathan Jones,Janie Bradford thank everyone for coming,and got Berry Gordy to say a few words,he talk about how he was happy to see his MOTOWN family like Blinky, and about MOTOWN THE MUSICAL,after that it seem like Martha Reeves rush the stage,she also talk about her LOVE for MOTOWN,that Mickey Stevens gave her a job,and how much she LOVE Berry Gordy,Chaka Kahn came back to the stage to sang You Got The Love,yes we were standing,Ray Parker playing with the the band,what a night,THE END
p.s Also Scholarships were giving to young people,another highlight for me was Troy Carter,who got The Triumph Award for Chairman and CEO of Atom Factory,he had his mother on stage with him, he had me teary eyes,when he spoke about his love for his mother,also in the place.the BEAUTIFUL Freda and Scherrie payne sisters,Betty Kelly,i really had a good time hanging with Martha Reeves,THANKS Martha,Please stay positive

Thank you so much Redhot for the update on the HAL Awards. It seem that you are in the know when it come to events such as this, could you be kind enough to post information in advance regarding some of these events because I sure would have love to have been in attendance to this event. Thanks again for your review :)

rod_rick
09-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Oh one more thing, I heard about Cindy's health challenge a few years back and it was confirmed again in June by a person that is sort of close to the situation, just glad that it's out there now and people can stop speculating. We all need to keep Cindy in prayer that her circumstances get better. Again, Thank you Redhot

marv2
09-23-2013, 05:56 PM
That was a great report. Thank you Redhot for taking the time to share it with us.

BayouMotownMan
09-23-2013, 05:59 PM
I too am glad that David was forthright with Cindy's condition because the rumors have been totally off the mark. Hopefully a vid will pop up about this.

Again, I encourage everyone who CAN donate to sweet Cindy please do so under the threat I started a couple weeks ago.

Roberta75
09-23-2013, 06:12 PM
I too am glad that David was forthright with Cindy's condition because the rumors have been totally off the mark. Hopefully a vid will pop up about this.

Again, I encourage everyone who CAN donate to sweet Cindy please do so under the threat I started a couple weeks ago.

I think you mean thread dear not threat lol

Roberta

BayouMotownMan
09-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Thank you Roberta, LOL, need to proof myself better

franjoy56
09-23-2013, 06:59 PM
I assume Cindy was not able to attend, and thank you RED HOT for posting on this event, we will Cindy Birdsong, and I would like to contribute do you have an address in which to send the funds:

Roberta75
09-23-2013, 07:15 PM
Thank you Roberta, LOL, need to proof myself better

lol if threat get Cindy more money then I'm all for it. lol

marv2
09-23-2013, 07:16 PM
Here are a few pictures from last nights event:

stephanie
09-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Everybody looks great thanks so much for this and the report.

marv2
09-23-2013, 07:28 PM
Hey Steph, notice that man sitting next to Mary? LOL!!!

marv2
09-23-2013, 07:29 PM
A few more................

REDHOT
09-24-2013, 07:22 AM
you all are welcome,i'm happy to be able to report,to all The Supremes Fans,here[[like myself)the going on,without embarrassing anyone,i forgot,Brenda Holloway was also there,the internet is really something,thanks Marv,for postin' the pictures,i think that's Mary ex husband Pedro, sitting next to her,i just hope Cindy get's better.Please stay positive

blueskies
09-24-2013, 10:08 AM
I wonder if there were any pics of Charles Hewlett [[Cindy's son). I've never seen a pic of him.

marybrewster
09-24-2013, 11:08 AM
I wonder if there were any pics of Charles Hewlett [[Cindy's son). I've never seen a pic of him.

Hi blueskies; Charles is Cindy's ex-husband. Their son is David.

Here is a picture of Cindy and David, from an event a few years back.....

jobeterob
09-24-2013, 11:09 AM
For anyone that is on Facebook, Claudette Robinson has a lot of pictures up of the event.

blueskies
09-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Hi blueskies; Charles is Cindy's ex-husband. Their son is David.

Here is a picture of Cindy and David, from an event a few years back.....

7235 Thank you Mary. I meant David.

luke
09-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Thanks so much. WOnderful event and pics but sad about Cindy. Is that blonde Berry's wife? Do Mary and Claudette drink from same fountain of youth? Does Raynoma ever attend events like this?

marv2
09-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Thanks so much. WOnderful event and pics but sad about Cindy. Is that blonde Berry's wife? Do Mary and Claudette drink from same fountain of youth? Does Raynoma ever attend events like this?

The blonde woman is not Berry's wife. Mary and Claudette do look exceptional for their ages.

marv2
09-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Here is a nice red carpet type interview clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DTaIFHLoqw

bradsupremes
09-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Who are these people doing the interviewing? They're terrible! It's like they picked two random people off the street with no experience to do this.

I ♥ The Supremes and Temptations
09-28-2013, 04:54 PM
I would NEVER guess that Mary is in her sixties....wow!

Roberta75
09-30-2013, 03:10 PM
11 pages of photos from the HAL Awards. Enjoy.

http://thepubliceye1.smugmug.com/Events/HAL-AWARDS-2013/32059465_ZWbqbr#!i=2784350620&k=rHv6gRz