PDA

View Full Version : Soul train history book presents chaka khan

test

funkyone71
09-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Hello all! Below is a link covering the Soul Train appearances by Chaka Khan, both solo and with Rufus. A clip of her performing "Tell Me Something Good" with Rufus is in the article. Hope you enjoy!

http://soultrain.com/2013/09/16/soul-train-history-book-presents-chaka-khan/

Ndugu
09-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Chaka at the peak of her considerable powers. Kills me when I see her perform "I Feel For You" knowing that she hates that song.

"Soul" comes from having something to say - not just being able to say it, and it's too bad she didn't write more songs to express herself. The Chakaholics among us would have loved to hear her sing her own words.

splanky
09-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Chaka at the peak of her considerable powers. Kills me when I see her perform "I Feel For You" knowing that she hates that song.

"Soul" comes from having something to say - not just being able to say it, and it's too bad she didn't write more songs to express herself. The Chakaholics among us would have loved to hear her sing her own words.

I co-sign this post...
Love that focus on a woman who is among a rare breed of being BOTH well celebrated and yet underated in American music.Also a woman who has skills enough to adopt a "diva"
attitude but who isn't one. Are you listening , girls?:)...