PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Gaye's granddaughters on X Factor

test

marymary
09-14-2013, 06:32 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2419772/X-Factor-hopefuls-Roxxy-Montana-granddaughters-legendary-soul-singer-Marvin-Gaye.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/13/article-2419772-1BCA39AE000005DC-488_634x420.jpg

Don't watch the show but will keep tabs on how they do. Their names are Temperance, Tiara and Tenija Moton [[not Morton as I've seen some blogs say), curious if anyone knows which of Marvin's children is their parent?

Kamasu_Jr
09-14-2013, 08:12 PM
All sources say Marvin Gaye had three children. If these girls are named Moton, there is a possibility they are Frankie Gaye's daughters, but he didn't give them his last name. Or they are Nona Gaye's daughters. But I don't know if Nona married. The one in the middle looks like Frankie Gaye. Are all three girls allegedly Marvin Gaye's grandaughters? How old are they? Frankie Gaye is around 38 or 39 years old.

marymary
09-14-2013, 11:49 PM
All sources say Marvin Gaye had three children. If these girls are named Moton, there is a possibility they are Frankie Gaye's daughters, but he didn't give them his last name. Or they are Nona Gaye's daughters. But I don't know if Nona married. The one in the middle looks like Frankie Gaye. Are all three girls allegedly Marvin Gaye's grandaughters? How old are they? Frankie Gaye is around 38 or 39 years old.

In the clip they say they are 20, 21 and 22.

This site [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaye_family) [[of course it's wiki so ymmv) seems to have the Gaye family accounted in great detail and there's no mention of these three women.

It's a bit odd...I wonder if their relationship to Marvin is a bit more tenuous than DM is saying. The Daily Mail didn't provide a source for their claim, and the women have never brought it up themselves.

captainjames
09-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Not sure how they re related but they are pretty.

skooldem1
09-18-2013, 11:10 PM
From another message board, they posted something from one of the members twitter account. She said "please stop with the rumors. We are not Marvin Gaye's grandchildren, that is a rumor."

This can be verified at @roXxyMontana!!!!

Kamasu_Jr
09-19-2013, 02:56 AM
I didn't think they were related to Marvin Gaye because of theirlast names. Nona and Frankie are too young to have children in their 20s. I am around their ages and my oldest child is only 6.

marymary
09-19-2013, 03:03 PM
From another message board, they posted something from one of the members twitter account. She said "please stop with the rumors. We are not Marvin Gaye's grandchildren, that is a rumor."

Well I guess that settles it! I wonder who at the Daily Fail pulled this one out of their butt :P

midnightman
09-20-2013, 02:50 PM

Thank God they finally said something because I knew it wasn't true.

midnightman
09-20-2013, 02:51 PM
I didn't think they were related to Marvin Gaye because of theirlast names. Nona and Frankie are too young to have children in their 20s. I am around their ages and my oldest child is only 6.

Yeah. As far as I know, Nona, who turned 39 on September 4, only has one child, Nolan [[and he's 16 now). And Frankie [[who will be 38 on November 16, before big brother MGIII's 48th) has no children. That's how I know they're not their kids. Yes, Marvin does have three grandchildren but they're all BOYS lol

motony
09-20-2013, 03:01 PM
in the Orlando Sentinel newspaper this moning a little article says Zeola Gaye, the sister of Marvin Gaye, says a DNA test would confirm or deny the claim of girl group and "X Factor" contestants Roxxy Montana that their father is the son of the legemndary singer."I want to put a stop to all these rumors" Zeola told Electronic Urban Report.

midnightman
09-20-2013, 03:10 PM
in the Orlando Sentinel newspaper this moning a little article says Zeola Gaye, the sister of Marvin Gaye, says a DNA test would confirm or deny the claim of girl group and "X Factor" contestants Roxxy Montana that their father is the son of the legemndary singer."I want to put a stop to all these rumors" Zeola told Electronic Urban Report.

Zeola doesn't have to worry about that because they said that's not true anyway.

Kamasu_Jr
09-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Yeah, Zeola is a bit late. Most people know those girls are not related to Marvin Gaye. How cool is it that Marvin has three grandboys.

midnightman
09-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Yeah, Zeola is a bit late. Most people know those girls are not related to Marvin Gaye. How cool is it that Marvin has three grandboys.

Really cool actually lol Marvin IV look like Marvin III spit him out [[just much lighter). Gordy gene I guess. :) Same with his younger son, Dylan [[who from what I've seen recently visits his dad, which is good). Nolan's the only one who looks like he got his looks from his grandpa. :)