PDA

View Full Version : Marvin's Tribute To Tammi - LIVE! - Medley: IF THIS WORLD--AIN'T NOTHING--AIN'T NO MT

test

Methuselah2
09-14-2013, 02:34 AM
Many thanks to Marquise1972 for this YouTube posting.

7.5 mins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8X8dDCnce8

midnightman
09-20-2013, 02:59 PM
I always loved this medley. :) The entire Montreux '80 show was great.

Methuselah2
09-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Would have loved to have seen that show, Mnm. I can just imagine how great it was. And the tribute to Tammi here works so well because Marvin didn't use someone else to stand in for her. No one possibly could have [[although Marvin did use others at times), and it was so much more effective this way. I think there are other clips of the show on YouTube--but being actually there is always best. Ain't nothing like the real thing.

midnightman
09-20-2013, 04:07 PM
Would have loved to have seen that show, Mnm. I can just imagine how great it was. And the tribute to Tammi here works so well because Marvin didn't use someone else to stand in for her. No one possibly could have [[although Marvin did use others at times), and it was so much more effective this way. I think there are other clips of the show on YouTube--but being actually there is always best. Ain't nothing like the real thing.

I got the DVD. Great stuff. Marvin played percussion with the drummer in the middle of "Ain't That Peculiar". He played piano a few times on "Trouble Man", "How Sweet It Is" and "Inner City Blues". He danced with two [[!) beautiful ladies during "After the Dance". Got the crowd to sing along during "How Sweet It Is". Did the "breakdown" on "Grapevine" and "Distant Lover". Gave the audience his thoughts on God and the future at the end of "What's Going On". Cut a rug during "Got to Give It Up" [[notable since Marvin wasn't known much for being a dancer but he sure did try lol). Overall great show. And this was all during the middle of his "hiatus" years [[1979-1981).

thisoldheart
09-20-2013, 04:24 PM
perfection!