PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson & Supremes "You Are the Heart of Me" Sampled by Hip Hop Artist Mr. Keeper

test

marv2
09-13-2013, 08:52 AM
Mr. Keeper featuring Tripz!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYDFaSz8-3I&list=FLjGjyr0mwvWbL_riGlN0Tdw&index=85

R. Mark Desjardins
09-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Mr. Kreeper scopin' all the fine ladies
Usin' their grooves to bust a move
Miss Mary and her sistas
Feelin' blue 'cause they ain't gettin' paid
While this dude thinks he's getin' laid.......

'nuff said...... word up!

Jimi LaLumia
09-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Mary sound good on 78!

marv2
09-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Mr. Kreeper scopin' all the fine ladies
Usin' their grooves to bust a move
Miss Mary and her sistas
Feelin' blue 'cause they ain't gettin' paid
While this dude thinks he's getin' laid.......

'nuff said...... word up!

You go Mark! hehehehehehehe.........!

Kamasu_Jr
09-13-2013, 11:18 AM
What is this fans of former Supremes seeing which song gets sampled by a rapper? There's a similar thread for Diana Ross being sampled. Will this competiveness ever end?

Jimi LaLumia
09-13-2013, 11:23 AM
well, to be correct, this is an actual Supremes track [[which I do luv, brilliant performance) being sampled..

skooldem1
09-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Check out the time stamps. The Diana Ross thread was created first, and then..... well you get the picture.

Kamasu_Jr
09-13-2013, 11:30 AM
I get it now, Skooldem. Shoulda known.

jobeterob
09-13-2013, 08:24 PM
I haven't listened but a member that declines to come here much due to Mr. Mean says that this is the Dionne Warwick version being sampled. Whadaya say?

bradsupremes
09-13-2013, 08:39 PM
I haven't listened but a member that declines to come here much due to Mr. Mean says that this is the Dionne Warwick version being sampled. Whadaya say?

Jobeterob, it is the Dionne Warwick version being sampled.

jobeterob
09-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Jobeterob, it is the Dionne Warwick version being sampled.

Now Brad is somebody I view as very reliable.

westgrandboulevard
09-14-2013, 09:22 AM
An interesting thread. I don't mind whose recording is being sampled here , but have now listened again to both Mary/Supremes and Dionne versions.

I'm appreciating Marv's posting of the clip, but I must say it does sound more like the Dionne Warwick version to me [[tricky to tell exactly, as it sounds like the Chipmunks on vocals....) if only because of the shrill, rather over-recorded strings which sound as though they were on the original recording, but which I don't believe are on The Supremes version.....[[?)

blueskies
09-14-2013, 06:01 PM
I thought it was Alvin and the Chipmunks.

jobeterob
09-14-2013, 11:08 PM
I thought it was Alvin and the Chipmonks.

He sure butchered a good song by turning it into the Chipmunks.

I cannot believe Marv incorrectly identified a Mary Wilson led 70's Supremes song. Odd that.

Roberta75
09-14-2013, 11:17 PM
I cannot believe Marv incorrectly identified a Mary Wilson led 70's Supremes song. Odd that.

Real hard to pay attention to Mary when hes focused on Diane 24/7. LOL

Roberta

jobeterob
09-15-2013, 02:50 AM
Real hard to pay attention to Mary when hes focused on Diane 24/7. LOL

Roberta

I knew something had gone over my head again!

jobeterob
09-16-2013, 04:25 PM
What was the point of speeding up the sample? Is that some new and current thing?

smark21
09-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Jobetrob you are really out of it. Samples have been sped up and slowed down for a long time in hip hop. It’s not a new thing.

jobeterob
09-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Jobetrob you are really out of it. Samples have been sped up and slowed down for a long time in hip hop. It’s not a new thing.

You are completely right. After my kids were born, I had no time for years to learn anything new.

westgrandboulevard
09-17-2013, 05:19 AM
Jobeterob,

I do understand what smark21 means, but I'm also wondering if there ever was a need for you to learn something like the sound of previously recorded and recognisable human voices and instruments being distorted almost beyond recognition.....like the aural equivalent of too many facelifts.....:confused:

jobeterob
09-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Jobeterob,

I do understand what smark21 means, but I'm also wondering if there ever was a need for you to learn something like the sound of previously recorded and recognisable human voices and instruments being distorted almost beyond recognition.....like the aural equivalent of too many facelifts.....:confused:

There never was a need, no! They should be sued for distorting and destroying the recording.

The only thing I can think that there is less need of is to attack our musical icons like occasionally happens on SD. Man, I still can't believe Marv didn't know a Dionne Warwick song from a 70's Supremes Mary Wilson led song. Can you believe it?

kenneth
09-18-2013, 01:53 AM
Ugh. What an atrocious track.

supremester
09-18-2013, 03:07 AM
Actually, I can.
There never was a need, no! They should be sued for distorting and destroying the recording.

The only thing I can think that there is less need of is to attack our musical icons like occasionally happens on SD. Man, I still can't believe Marv didn't know a Dionne Warwick song from a 70's Supremes Mary Wilson led song. Can you believe it?

marybrewster
09-18-2013, 08:24 AM

Crickets! LOL.

jobeterob
09-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Actually, I can.

Either an embarrassing slip or he did it on purpose, knowing it was Dionne.

I hope the sample of Diana's ANMHE that someone posted on the same day is a lot better than this sample.

Crickets is being charitable to it.

skooldem1
09-19-2013, 01:59 AM
It doesn't matter who was sampled on that track. The biggest hip hop sample from Motown was "Mo money mo problems" featuring Diana Ross. A truly hip hop classic. No others can compare. The next best sample was MC Hammer with "You can't touch this" sampling "Super Freak" by Rick James.

jobeterob
09-19-2013, 01:47 PM
In one of her candid interviews, Diana told an interviewer not to feel sorry for her not receiving name credit on Mo Money Mo Problems because they paid her a fortune for using her on the record.

At least on that record, it's her for real, no distortion, no Chipmunks, no crickets, no mistakes.

jobeterob
09-21-2013, 06:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXHJi9S3JHQ

This shows how serious this sample was.

captainjames
09-21-2013, 06:10 PM
That is not Mary Wilson !!! on You are the Heart Of Me !!!!

jobeterob
09-21-2013, 10:46 PM
That is not Mary Wilson !!! on You are the Heart Of Me !!!!

That's what everyone says.

I just wonder how people can tell who is singing...........because it's just a chipmunk sound..........it could be my voice on it. Um, not.

captainjames
09-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Exactly sounds more like Alvin or Yoko Ono.

That's what everyone says.

I just wonder how people can tell who is singing...........because it's just a chipmunk sound..........it could be my voice on it. Um, not.

jobeterob
09-30-2013, 11:15 AM
http://www.whosampled.com/cover/228768/Dana-Reach-Out-and-Touch-[[Somebody's-Hand)-Diana-Ross-Reach-Out-and-Touch-[[Somebody's-Hand)/