PDA

View Full Version : Martha Reeves UK shows Dec 2013

test

dickiemint
09-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Here is an early Christmas Prezzie for the UK Soulful Detroiters
Martha Reeves and the Vandellas [[ I'm guessing her sisters) will be performing in the UK this December, not sure of all the dates but she is at The Globe, Cardiff [[Wales) on tuesday 10th Dec, tickets £20.00
tickets on sale now!!!

Roberta75
09-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Here is an early Christmas Prezzie for the UK Soulful Detroiters
Martha Reeves and the Vandellas [[ I'm guessing her sisters) will be performing in the UK this December, not sure of all the dates but she is at The Globe, Cardiff [[Wales) on tuesday 10th Dec, tickets £20.00
tickets on sale now!!!

The first lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves is in great demand aall over the world. Miss Martha is Motowns most loved superstar.

Hope you get to see this living legend dickiemint she put on a show like no other. Shes the absolute best.

Roberta

dickiemint
09-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Yes I'll be there, I have seen Ms Reeves & various Vandellas many times from the 80's till 2010 the last time at The Jazz Cafe, Camden London, and I agree that she gives her all and really throws herself into the performance, and she always makes time for fans after her show.
The best I ever saw her was as part of the Dancing in the Street tour with Edwin Starr and Mary Wilson, she was amazing, and she seemed to ''bounce off'' Mary and Edwin, she even sang Floy Joy as a duet with Mary wilson, it was a Great show.

Roberta75
09-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Miss Reeves is untouchable dickiemint. I hope she come to Southern California again soon. Id love her to play the Catalina Jazz Club cause I know shed fill it for two weeks easily.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

westgrandboulevard
09-12-2013, 03:27 PM
dickiemint, I agree, the Dancing In The Street tour [[in 2000?) was indeed a great show.
Everything a 'Motown Revue' should be, and a delight to see three seasoned Motown entertainers on stage in the same show.

Martha was in her element, and she, Edwin and Mary happily traded places in the spotlight, or performed duets with each other. I believe they were accompanied by Edwin Starr's band who were, as always, excellent, as were the backing vocalists.

Martha is always professional and gives of her best but, if she feels the audience is really right there with her, she effortlessly lifts her performance. I even seem to remember Martha dancing the sailor's hornpipe to the opening strains of 'Forget Me Not'.....

Motown: The Musical is no doubt very professionally performed but, for sheer authenticity and entertainment, it would have to go some to beat that tour we were lucky enough to see here in the UK. How I wish the show was available on DVD!

Roberta75
09-12-2013, 03:46 PM
dickiemint, I agree, the Dancing In The Street tour [[in 2000?) was indeed a great show.
Everything a 'Motown Revue' should be, and a delight to see three seasoned Motown entertainers on stage in the same show.

Martha was in her element, and she, Edwin and Mary happily traded places in the spotlight, or performed duets with each other. I believe they were accompanied by Edwin Starr's band who were, as always, excellent, as were the backing vocalists.

Martha is always professional and gives of her best but, if she feels the audience is really right there with her, she effortlessly lifts her performance. I even seem to remember Martha dancing the sailor's hornpipe to the opening strains of 'Forget Me Not'.....

Motown: The Musical is no doubt very professionally performed but, for sheer authenticity and entertainment, it would have to go some to beat that tour we were lucky enough to see here in the UK. How I wish the show was available on DVD!

I bet Mr Gordy is in talks right now about opening Motown the Musical in London. The uk people will love Motown the musical. I really want to go to New York next year and see it.

Roberta

thomas96
09-12-2013, 08:35 PM
I wish she/they would come to Boston some time. I've been dying to see Martha.

honest man
09-13-2013, 04:50 AM
Skegness [Butlins] 27-29 September 2013 .Martha will be appearing with Brenda Holloway,Chris Clark, Tommy Hunt , Dean Parrish from top of my head,check Butlins site but be quick, cheers.

roger
09-13-2013, 05:50 AM
Additional dates according to songkick.com ..

8th December 2013 .. Sub89, Reading, Berkshire.
10th December 2013 .. The Globe, Cardiff, Wales. [[as mentioned already)
15th December 2013 .. Brudenall Social Club, Leeds, Yorkshire.
17th December 2013 .. Oran Mor, Glasgow, Scotland.
18th December 2013 .. Lemon Tree, Aberdeen, Scotland.

https://www.songkick.com/artists/68902-martha-reeves-and-the-vandellas

Roger

Roberta75
09-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Skegness [Butlins] 27-29 September 2013 .Martha will be appearing with Brenda Holloway,Chris Clark, Tommy Hunt , Dean Parrish from top of my head,check Butlins site but be quick, cheers.

This sounds like a real great show.

Roberta

dickiemint
12-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Just got in from seeing Martha Reeves in Cardiff and what a response she had!
No Vandellas at this show but she got the crowd to help her out as backing singers for tonight, she sang all the hits plus One Way Out, No one there,a track from Home to Me plus a couple of festive songs Oh Holy Night and Silent Night.
She was on good form and shared with the crowd that she became a Great Grandmother this year and she was looking forward to little Sophie Rose's 1st Christmas, hope if you are going to See this tour you enjoy!

radionixon
12-11-2013, 05:49 AM
Just got in from seeing Martha Reeves in Cardiff and what a response she had!
No Vandellas at this show but she got the crowd to help her out as backing singers for tonight, she sang all the hits plus One Way Out, No one there,a track from Home to Me plus a couple of festive songs Oh Holy Night and Silent Night.
She was on good form and shared with the crowd that she became a Great Grandmother this year and she was looking forward to little Sophie Rose's 1st Christmas, hope if you are going to See this tour you enjoy!

I was really sad I couldn't go to this - I live just down the road but my daughter is nine months old and I couldn't get the "night off". I hope Ms Reeves understands - my daughter's name is Martha, in her honour! [[She congratulated me on Twitter when little Martha was born!)

So glad it was a good show. I hope she comes back again soon.