PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson - "Reflections"

test

marv2
09-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Mary performs, "Reflections" backed by Damia Satterfield and Anna Beaumont and her old band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znBB-Ryzc40

supremester
09-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Classic Mary - thanks for sharing!

luke
09-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Mary looks stunning and sings it with soul. Thx Marv!

detmotownguy
09-09-2013, 12:49 AM
Thanks Marv! Mary is getting into the groove and really feeling the song.

BigAl
09-12-2013, 04:48 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I'd say this was during Mary's 1989 gig at Anton's in D.C. I attended two of her shows during that time and Mary was in great form. There was a Supremes International Fan Club Convention in town over that weekend so her shows were packed with die-hards. There was a big reception for her at the Hard Rock Café that Saturday, after which she invited attendees at that function to come to her show at Anton's later that night without having made reservations so it was SRO. Why the fire marshal didn't come storming in is anyone's guess. It was a magical show, and the energy the performers and audience shared was incredible.

marv2
09-12-2013, 06:02 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I'd say this was during Mary's 1989 gig at Anton's in D.C. I attended two of her shows during that time and Mary was in great form. There was a Supremes International Fan Club Convention in town over that weekend so her shows were packed with die-hards. There was a big reception for her at the Hard Rock Café that Saturday, after which she invited attendees at that function to come to her show at Anton's later that night without having made reservations so it was SRO. Why the fire marshal didn't come storming in is anyone's guess. It was a magical show, and the energy the performers and audience shared was incredible.

BigAl you are right about everything you described except I believe this clip is from April 1990. I have seen the full concert and Johnny Carter of the Dells makes a guest appearance onstage with Mary to dance with her briefly.

marv2
09-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Here is another clip from that same concert. Talk about audience participation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQjz6awAais

blueskies
09-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Mary performs, "Reflections" backed by Damia Satterfield and Anna Beaumont and her old band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znBB-Ryzc40
Love it....the dress....not so much.

BigAl
09-13-2013, 02:17 PM
BigAl you are right about everything you described except I believe this clip is from April 1990. I have seen the full concert and Johnny Carter of the Dells makes a guest appearance onstage with Mary to dance with her briefly.

You're absolutely right, Marv: it was indeed 1990; so I stand corrected. Mary had an Anton's gig in '89 but that was not the year of the convention, nor of Johnny Carter's attendance.

There was a second convention just a year later in 1991, but not concurrent with Mary's performing anywhere. She did attend that event with her mother, however.