PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Mable John presents "20 Feet From Stardom"

test

brother_love
09-05-2013, 12:54 PM

Dr. Mable John is hosting three screenings of the great film "20 Feet From Stardom" which she is a part of. This event will benefit for her Joy Scholarship Fund which aids young people in getting scholarships to attend college. On the opening night their will be a VIP reception with a Q&A after the screening with some of the stars of the film.

motony
09-05-2013, 01:01 PM
thats great...but they need a "truth-a-meter" for Darlene Loves outlandish claims & statement concerning the Crystals. As an original fan of both Darlene & the Crystals I can't beleive Darlene would stab them in the back like that.Darlene's resume is fantastic on its own merits.I hope there are corrections & truthful statements for the DVD release.

Kamasu_Jr
09-05-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm nitpicking, but Mable is spelled wrong- not in the actual flyer, but everywhere else. It stood out because Able Mable is one of her best Stax recordings and she spells her name in the song. She's baaddd. Who does that? :-)

motony
09-05-2013, 02:42 PM
you are right, Kamasu, Jr......"Able Mable" is a baadass jam.I still play my 45 cause I don't have it on CD.

Soul Sister
09-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Congratulations & Good Luck, Mable!!

Love,
J & J

MIKEW-UK
09-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Love the pic!!!!!

Soul Sister
09-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Thanks, MIKE-UK. There was an event at the Rock Hall that day with The Moonglows, Shirelles, etc... Mable was doing a book autograph as well.

S.S.

brother_love
09-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Thanks Kamasu
I'm nitpicking, but Mable is spelled wrong- not in the actual flyer, but everywhere else. It stood out because Able Mable is one of her best Stax recordings and she spells her name in the song. She's baaddd. Who does that? :-)