PDA

View Full Version : Martha and John Cougar-Wild Night

test

luke
09-04-2013, 10:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLnnXsNofY4 This is great. Martha comes on about 6 minutes in.

Methuselah2
09-05-2013, 01:45 AM
This was a huge treat to see, Luke. I've loved Martha on this song ever since it appeared on her PRODUCED BY RICHARD PERRY album. It was a real rush when she came out to join Mellencamp. Loved the duet, loved Van Morrison's original, but Martha's solo recording of it will always be 'the one'. Just great to get the chance to see this! Thanks so much, Luke. A terrific and very rare posting.

marybrewster
09-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Wow; how great to see!

The jury is out on how great to hear though.....

reese
09-05-2013, 09:34 AM
This was from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame concert in 1995, given when the museum finally opened in Cleveland.

I didn't think it was the best key for Martha to sing it in. I gather she and John were probably trying to find one suitable for them both. But it was nice to see Martha looking so good, and giving an energetic performance.

I remember this being a long night for Martha as well. She performed with John very early in the show. Many hours later, near the end of the concert, she returned to sing DANCING IN THE STREET with Annette and Rosalind. The band couldn't get the song right, and Martha kept being given defective mikes. Finally, Martha stopped the band, and got a decent mike. When the band started up again, it sounded perfect and Martha gave a good performance, only marred by the intrusion [[IMO) of Jackson Browne, Sheryl Crow, and Chrissie Hynde, who for some reason were sent out on stage to join in.

Roberta75
09-05-2013, 11:49 AM
The first lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves does the best version of Wild Night Ive ever heard. It was such a thrill to hear Marthas version in the Thelma and Louise movie.
I like this clip a lot and Martha looks real pretty in this clip and John Mellencamp can lower my lamp any night lol.

Roberta

motony
09-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Martha stil had her beautiful figure at age 54!